Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
gibby

Default early victoria rugs

Would anyone happen to know if the Victoria rugs in both the early style 3 hole adjuster and the ratchet adjuster were the same? What i need to know is if they both had the seat cut outs in the same place. Both the front and rear rugs were slotted and meet at the front of the seat. Thanks
gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
jw hash

Default Re: early victoria rugs

they are NOT the same,
jw hash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
gibby

Thanks JW. Would you happen to know if the early rugs had the cutouts closer together?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
jw hash

no they are not the same the early seats had the angle brackets on the outside of the seats on the later seats the brackets on the right seat were under the seat, the rear rug on the early went up under the drivers seat on the later ones it did not, so I guess your answer is the later rug cut outs on the right side are closer together then the early ones,
jw hash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Richard Wilson

Currently I am finishing up installing new L-B interior kit in my Nov 1930 Victoria. I have a brand new L-B carpet for the early style "3-hole seat adjuster" seats that I can measure/photograph if that would help. I do not have an original carpet to compare. I can not say how authentic the LB carpet is but it does fit the floor pan and seat brackets.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
gibby

Thanks Jw and Richard, I have an early vicky that came to me with vicky seats but tudor brackets. I am going to order the correct 3 hole brackets from either lb or macs. The rugs that i got for it from macs have the cutouts too far apart. Macs says that that is the only pattern they have, but will make a set to whatever i need. I appreciate the offer richard, my email is msg72@ comcast.net. THANKS
Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Bill Cilker

Gibby
I just had L-B make me a carpet for my unrestored Vicky. I used the remains of my original to try and get it right. I can send you pictures and measurements that I sent to L-B. The carpet that I finally got fit quite well.
Victoria Association President
Bill Cilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Richard Wilson

Gibby here is a picture and carpet measurements for my November 1930 Victoria body number 3974 with the 3-hole seat bracket. The carpet is stock L-B and is just layed in the floor for the picture. The measurements on the diagram are for the carpet with note for the seat bracket spacing. I installed a new Classic Wood kit including flooring so might be a smidge off from original wood or not. Brackets are measured across center hole. Other 3-hole Victorias may be slightly different but I would think pretty close to these measurements. Hope this helps. Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0004.jpgvictoria carpet measurements.jpg (38.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P1010003.jpgvictoria carpet.jpg (109.3 KB, 43 views)
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
gibby

Thank you Richard, This is exactly what i needed. My rugs are identical to yours. Now i have the correct measurements for installing the correct seat brackets. I thought that they were closer together, thats what prompted the question. I found a diagram of the setup in one of the old Victoria Bustle newsletters, but no measurements to go by. Stand by, because i'm new to this and i have more questions than answers. Many thanks to you as well Bill, it would be nice to know the measurements from an unrestored Vicky. Thanks, Mark
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Vern

Mark,
The seat brackets for the early style have the long threaded rod that runs through a tube mounted to the bottom of the seats. Once you have the correct seat parts, the mounting locations for the "L" brackets should be pretty apparent, and will probably come very close to the dimensions shown in Richards photo & drawing.
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
gibby

Thanks to all. I jumped into our Vicky with my heart and not my head. My recommendation to all that read this, is that when you purchase a Victoria or any model a for that manner, it is best to steer clear of none model a restorers (or really know what your looking at). The body on our Vicky is very very nice, i should have looked passed that and done more research into the correctness (is that a word) of the restoration. Thanks Vern for getting me those back issues of The Victoria Bustle. Mark
Old 04-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Bill Cilker

Gibby
This is a picture of the rear carpet / drivers seat mount area. My Vicky is a late April/early May steel back. The forward edge of the carpet does not have cutouts for the seat hinges, it stops short of the hinges. The cutouts are on the rear edge of the front carpet. Richard's carpet design may be for an early Leather Back. Here are two pictures of my carpet. The first shows where my back carpet ends. The second is of my front carpet that goes around the center two seat brackets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7312s.jpg (65.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5847s.jpg (76.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
1931 flamingo

Bill: Is your carpet original or a repro and if so from whom??

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #14
gibby

Thanks Bill, Would you know where i could get a couple of the hinge pins? I dont see them listed in any of the catalogs. Thanks, Mark
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Bill Cilker

Flamingo
The carpets in the pictures are originals. Here is what is left of my original front carpet. The rear carpet is complete as ford installed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5807s.jpg (55.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Vern

Default Re: early victoria seat hinges

Gibby,
Snyders has them; A-70144, A-70145, A-70146 & A-70143 will get you started, look under Model A Seat Parts. I couldn't easily find the threaded rod & the nut, but they should be able to help. Check out the newsletters for the differences between the driver & passenger seat "L" brackets.
Vern
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
gibby

Thanks to all with your help. Vern, I was going through the newsletters last week and saw the one with the detailed early seat brackets, it just didn't give any measurements. You guys sure put out a top quality newsletter, I'm so glad we joined. Thanks, Mark