Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
leadpot

Default Tacoma Cream look alike paint

Does anyone know of a rattle can paint color that is close to tacoma cream. Looked at some krylon spray paints that looked maybe close. Guess I am just cheap and prefer not to pay $140.00 for a quart of the real stuff.

Thanks, Leadpot
leadpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Tacoma Cream look alike paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpot View Post
Does anyone know of a rattle can paint color that is close to tacoma cream. Looked at some krylon spray paints that looked maybe close. Guess I am just cheap and prefer not to pay $140.00 for a quart of the real stuff.

Thanks, Leadpot
Then if you take that position, why not choose a color that suits your own taste? To my knowledge, there is not an accurate pre-mixed spray can that has the exact color you are seeking. So if it really isn't exact, a shade or two in either direction is still incorrect. Therefore purchase the one that you can find locally that is pleasing to you.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
CarlG

Our local High Tech Auto Paint store will mix/match colors and put them in a rattle can for about $20/can. All I have to do is give them the paint color swatches I got from MAFCA.
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
30ccpickup

I have never used this, I just had it booked marked from http://www.ackleysford.com/ web site.

Spray Paint in Model A Colors!
There is a company that can mix Model A paint color in an aerosol spray can for about $30.00. This is great for touch ups or re-spraying a bad job under the dash, door bottoms, and so on. They can't guarantee a perfect color match because the solvents used in a spray can can affect the final color but it is a sight more accurate than going to the local store and trying to match it with some appliance paint in a spray can. I have a real need to fix up and repaint things that were poorly restored years ago. Every part that I have to remove from the car during a repair or upgrade gets refurbished. Some of these parts have body color paint on them. Who wants to hook up their compressor and spray gun unit to paint the heads of a couple of carriage bolts? I'm also thinking of my wheels. The paint isn't fresh there anymore and I don't want to go through the trouble of going to a guy with a spray booth. Let me do this at home one wheel at a time. On their website the model A colors are listed but you will have to call them to put your color number in the aeresol can. Now all you have to do is find out what the color names for your car are. Good luck!
TCP Global - The Auto Paint Store
They have your paint color and can mix it in a spray can plus tons of body shop supplies
Model A Colors click this

Fordbarners, Feel free to use the pictures on my site to answer questions and create tutorials/tech articles.
30ccpickup is offline   Reply With Quote