Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
arps corporation

Default Snowmobile Attachment Companies.

I have a question... Exactly how many companies were there, years ago, that made a snowmobile attachment for the Ford Model T, Model A, and the Early V-8 Fords? I know of The Arps Corporation, which made the Snow Bird, and the Super Snow Bird. How many other companies were there? Can anybody give me a idea? I have a set of tracks, that do not look like the normal set you would usually find on the Model T and Model A Fords. I just discovered a set of tracks, and a set of skies, that I had forgotten I had. The tracks are wider than the normal ones seen. And the skies, are not as wide as the normal skies. These are from a snowmobile, as the guy I got these from, had a couple of them. But I just can't seem to find another set of tracks or skies like these. Someone sugested my tracks are half tracks from a Fordson Tractor, but no, they are not halftracks from any kind of tractor. They are for a snowmobile, for sure. And the skies are Yellow in color, and, they mount to a spindle, via a round pipe, which is attached to the skies. There is triangular shaped irons, attached to the bottom of the skies, which, in turn, have the round pipe attached to the top, where the triangular irons meet. So if anybody has seen something like this, please let me know. Thank you, Dan.
arps corporation is offline   Reply With Quote