Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #81
4dFord/SC

Default Re: M.Kube,Charlie,NY,52Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Yeah, his wife’s name was Betty Croker....
Didn't she invent the croker sack?
4dFord/SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #82
ford38v8

The "candy bar in the shirt pocket" story demonstrates the difference between Engineers and Day Laborers. Any ditch digger would instinctively know not to put his candy bar in his pocket!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #83
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
The "candy bar in the shirt pocket" story demonstrates the difference between Engineers and Day Laborers. Any ditch digger would instinctively know not to put his candy bar in his pocket!
Yea it shows you how smart engineers are,duh. ken ct
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #84
Cecil/WV

GM, I wish you would have told this earlier, About 5 years ago, I blew an egg up in a motel oven, only it was already boiled. You could have saved me some embarrassment.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #85
JM 35 Sedan

Cecil, I'm not sure it's true or not but I once heard a guy who lives in Connecticut put his Poodle in the microwave trying to dry the poor puppies fur real quickly and....well...the rest of the story is too sad to tell........but I did hear he was not an engineer though

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #86
Planojc

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
How did we get from a "Disagreement on what's the correct carb for late 38 + all of 39", to microwave oven's and dumb engineers?
Planojc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #87
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planojc View Post
How did we get from a "Disagreement on what's the correct carb for late 38 + all of 39", to microwave oven's and dumb engineers?

It may well be that this is a rhetorical question (not intended to receive a response) but, in case it isn't here it is in a nutshell:

#6 ken ct explains why the original question - that owners of "trailer queens" want completely correct parts for their "boxed toys."

#11 Vic Piano responds to hangups about authenticity with: "I prefer function over questionable or proven originality" and "I don't care what a judge thinks, I'm my own judge and as long as our cars/trucks run well, I'm fine with that. Vic " in #13.

#16 ken ct agrees with "Im the same way Vic,i run a 47-48 glass bowl FP on my 36 completely wrong but thats what i want on it."

#41 I explain why, in addition to judging, I go for authenticity with "I like to use my car as a time machine to take me back to 1947 every time I get in it and it usually works pretty good as long as I keep it totally authentic original and know that it is" and "my favorite 'unwind' each night is to take a cruise in 'Old Henry' and listen to the AM radio station that plays old radio shows from the 30's and 40's for 30-60 minutes" in # 45.

#46 ford38v8 suggests that while listening to the 1947 radio shows on my radio taking me back to 1947 "any minute you might here the news of the attack on Hawaii."

#47 Vic Piano corrects with "wouldn't it be Korea on the radio... remember, he's driving a Post WWII car."

#64 I correct both with "OK guys, let's get the history straight. In 1947 I wouldn't have heard the news of the attack on Pearl Harbor which was 6 years earlier in 1941. Neither would I have heard news about the Korean War which didn't begin until 1950. What I might have heard in 1947 were:

"Chuck" Yeager pushing his Bell X-1 past "Mach 1" to break the sound barrier

Howard Hughes perfoming the maiden (and only) flight of the "Spruce Goose", the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built

And, of course, the death and funeral of our founder, Henry Ford.

#68 Vic Piano added: "'47 was also the year the microwave oven was introduced."

#69 37 Coupe explained how microwaves were discovered: "it was a chocolate bar that melted in an engineers shirt pocket ."

#82 ford38v8 comments: "The "candy bar in the shirt pocket" story demonstrates the difference between Engineers and Day Laborers. Any ditch digger would instinctively know not to put his candy bar in his pocket! "

#83 ken ct levels the final blow with "Yea it shows you how smart engineers are,duh. ken ct"

And that's how we got from point A to point Z in a nutshell.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #88
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post

It may well be that this is a rhetorical question (not intended to receive a response) but, in case it isn't here it is in a nutshell:

#6 ken ct explains why the original question - that owners of "trailer queens" want completely correct parts for their "boxed toys."

#11 Vic Piano responds to hangups about authenticity with: "I prefer function over questionable or proven originality" and "I don't care what a judge thinks, I'm my own judge and as long as our cars/trucks run well, I'm fine with that. Vic " in #13.

#16 ken ct agrees with "Im the same way Vic,i run a 47-48 glass bowl FP on my 36 completely wrong but thats what i want on it."

#41 I explain why, in addition to judging, I go for authenticity with "I like to use my car as a time machine to take me back to 1947 every time I get in it and it usually works pretty good as long as I keep it totally authentic original and know that it is" and "my favorite 'unwind' each night is to take a cruise in 'Old Henry' and listen to the AM radio station that plays old radio shows from the 30's and 40's for 30-60 minutes" in # 45.

#46 ford38v8 suggests that while listening to the 1947 radio shows on my radio taking me back to 1947 "any minute you might here the news of the attack on Hawaii."

#47 Vic Piano corrects with "wouldn't it be Korea on the radio... remember, he's driving a Post WWII car."

#64 I correct both with "OK guys, let's get the history straight. In 1947 I wouldn't have heard the news of the attack on Pearl Harbor which was 6 years earlier in 1941. Neither would I have heard news about the Korean War which didn't begin until 1950. What I might have heard in 1947 were:

"Chuck" Yeager pushing his Bell X-1 past "Mach 1" to break the sound barrier

Howard Hughes perfoming the maiden (and only) flight of the "Spruce Goose", the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built

And, of course, the death and funeral of our founder, Henry Ford.

#68 Vic Piano added: "'47 was also the year the microwave oven was introduced."

#69 37 Coupe explained how microwaves were discovered: "it was a chocolate bar that melted in an engineers shirt pocket ."

#82 ford38v8 comments: "The "candy bar in the shirt pocket" story demonstrates the difference between Engineers and Day Laborers. Any ditch digger would instinctively know jnot to put his candy bar in his pocket! "

#83 ken ct levels the final blow with "Yea it shows you how smart engineers are,duh. ken ct"

And that's how we got from point A to point Z in a nutshell.
A really great summary Henry . I'm just glad I didn't get named as a perpetrator or a perpetuater of this massively confusing post that was originally posted to clarify the use of correct carburetors on certain year vehicles

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #89
ford38v8

John, you're as guilty as the rest of us. Just look at that ugly chocolate stain on your shirt.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #90
JM 35 Sedan

Ha ha ha....LOL Alan, no chocolate on the pocket of this chocoholic EE. Now I did ruin several real nice shirts and my wife never forgave me for that. I was a 'rebel without a cause' type engineer who flatout refused to wear a nurdish plastic pocket protector filled with everything imaginable of which a detailed list of those typical items would be more than I care to type here My shirts were mostly all ruined by forgetting to put the cover on black ink felt tip pens that I unknowingly stuck in my shirt pocket tip facing down and by the time I realized that my shirt would have a football sized stain from the bottom of the pocket to my belt line. That happened to one nice shirt the first time I wore it to work

Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #91
Vic Piano

I don't know, it was easy enough for me to follow it... But I'm not an Engineer...LOL