Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-24-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
JayJay

Default Great experiences at Snyders and Burts

Last week I ordered a set of the LED taillight inserts (left and right) from Snyders, and they arrived early this week. I installed them yesterday. When I tested them the left brake module initially worked OK, but then flickered and failed. Taillight and license plate light worked fine. Swapped inserts and the problem followed the insert. Bench tested and same thing - taillight works fine, brake light not. These are electronic devices, and sometimes electronic devices fail.

I called Snyders this morning to report this. After some discussion with the technician (Joe) he came to the same conclusion I did - defective module. He put through a store order for a replacement to go out today (Wednesday) and told me he'd have a return shipping label for the defective one enclosed. When I told him I was taking the car on a tour this weekend (Memorial Day) he offered to 2-day FedEx, but that would arrive Friday and I'll already be gone. So I told him just ship it normally and I'd pick it up next week. Nice, customer-centered offer.

Great discussion, great service from Snyders. None of the "ship us the bad one and we'll think about sending you a replacement" that you get in other sectors.

I've had similar positive experiences at Burts. One time I ordered a set of radiator hose clamps and the set came with only four - it was apparent that someone had raided the package. I let them know and Steve shipped out a complete set that day. Stuff happens. Clearly the right thing, but no muss, no fuss.

We need to continue to support our suppliers - we're gradually losing them (examples: LeBaron-Bonney and Mac's/Cartouche) and that does not bode well for the hobby.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
Oldgearz

Default Re: Great experiences at Snyders and Burts

The two you mentioned are my go-to suppliers. If it's not right, they will make it so.
Oldgearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #3
Smokedtires

That is great to hear. Thanks for sharing.
Smokedtires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:47 AM   #4
Flathead

I have visited both places, both were very nice. I also buy from them and have never had a problem. There are other good suppliers too, all need our support.
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:29 AM   #5
oldspert

Same here, I ordered the gas gauge tools from Steve and received the cast aluminum set, not what I ordered. Notified Steve and he sent me the correct set, said to donate the aluminum ones to a fellow model a person. Anybody need the cast set, free?
oldspert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 12:55 PM   #6
fadingfastsd

I've had a great experience at Bert's with 2 orders so far. Good quality parts and fast shipping, though I'm only an hour away from them in Colorado.
fadingfastsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 05:08 PM   #7
Ron Blissit

Always have had stellar service from both suppliers. good folks good products.nuf said
Ron Blissit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 01:48 PM   #8
psimet

I have loved working with both of these suppliers in the past. Both have their niche as well I feel. Bert's was able to find an original battery box for my late '28 that was different than anything else I had ever seen and just couldn't find anywhere.

I love other suppliers as well but didn't want to pollute the thread on these two.
psimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:56 PM   #9
Gene F

I had 1 part with an issue for my Model-A once. Snyders could not have been nicer. They took care of it. I bought almost all my stuff over the years at Snyders.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote