Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
wrndln

Default CCPU door question

I just bought a door for my 29 CCPU and have a question about it. I have other doors that came on my pickup, so I have something to compare the just purchased door to. I took some pictures of the new door and they are posted below. First, the just purchased door had a bunch of medium sized holes around the inside window frame. They are about 1/2" in diameter. I have no idea what they are for. The original doors on my pickup do NOT have these holes. They are covered up with the inside window trim piece, so I guess they are not a problem, but why are they there? Second, the just purchased door has a center stop for the window on the bottom. It can be seen in the first photo (right door in picture) and the last picture The other doors I have, have window stops on each lower corner. They can't be seen on the door on the left as the inside panel covers them up. There is a third minor difference in the center inside stamping. The original doors have a V shaped indentation below where the door garnish is installed, whereas the new door does not. Again, this wont be a problem, but it may be a clue as to what the door was originally used on. If anyone can identify why there are differences in the two doors, I would appreciate it. Maybe the new door is a later version used on early 30 trucks and pickups. I don't think the differences in the new door will be a problem, but I am curious as to why there are differences.
Rusty Nelson

wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
Juggler

Default Re: CCPU door question

I was told that 26/27 2 door T doors would fit a 28/29 cab. Perhaps that's what you've got?
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
wrndln

Juggler,
I have seen a couple of 26/27 T doors and they are not quite like the one I just bought. In fact, I just about bought one a year ago until I talked to a model A/T experts that explained the difference in the hinges and latch area. A person might be able to make a T door fit a CCPU, but it would take several modifications - mostly in the hinges and latch areas. I am pretty sure the door is not a model T door, even thought they are similar. T doors don't have the Tic-Tac-Toe pattern where the latch is for one thing.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
d.j. moordigian

Rusty,

When we talked, a few months back, about the doors,..I noted that they
have 2 stops in them. I'd bet that the single was an unreliable(at least
to me) and changed it. Or the other way around,...too save money.
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote