Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #21
Wick

Default Re: Model a prices in today's economy

my 30 pickup was my first Model A,it was for sale local....Fresh paint and new tires. I paid more then it was worth,but im happy.I love this truck,its helped me learn alot about Model A's.My Family and friends love riding and learning to drive it.
Prices do come down,a friend is begging me to buy his 30 Tudor...he needs the cash for a Harley he wants. So far hes dropped from $14,000 to $8500. Its a nice driver,Ill keep waiting.
Wick
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Remember there is ALWAYS the same thing cheaper no matter what you are buying. Someone always has a better price.

Have fun with it, and this site is here to help if you have any problems with it!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #23
Ross/Kzoo

I've noticed that the best deals are when you aren't looking. To get these good deals you need to ready to jump on it. You snooze, you loose.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
Uncle Bob

While a lot of interesting, and accurate, things have been said above, valuing a car is subjective and requires some knowledge. Knowledge comes from education, either earned incrementally over a number of years of practical experience, or compressed in a shorter time frame by paying for it. Just my opinion, and you've already beaten yourself up a bit so not piling on just agreeing with you, but I'd say you've roughly paid half for a car, half for an education with the purchase you describe. Make the most of it.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #25
Loyd Nix

Don't worry about what you spent on the car. Work on her, get to know her, and enjoy all the smiles and thumbs up you get while driving her. At my age "Ol' Flapper" is one of my few remaining vices.
Loyd Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #26
Pothole Jim

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Don't get too wrapped up in how you paid vs. the book value. The book value is an average of sale prices, it is meant as a guide, not a definitive price.

There is a saying about early Fords, that is "you think you paid too much, nah, you just bought it to soon" meaning that the prices of early Ford has gone up, and will continue to go up, so therefore if you paid too much today, in the future you bought it at a good price. How far in the future, who knows, but just enjoy it. It is not likely that you will loose $$$ in the long run. Just take care of it, keep the overhead down, it will pay you back.
Pothole Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #27
oldfardyfode

Love folks who ''PAY the Price'' and say, "Enjoy it".......Oh,.... anybody for an ALL STEEL 34 Ford 2dr for 40-K plus a bit more......EH, she's PURDY !!!!
oldfardyfode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #28
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfardyfode View Post
Love folks who ''PAY the Price'' and say, "Enjoy it".......Oh,.... anybody for an ALL STEEL 34 Ford 2dr for 40-K plus a bit more......EH, she's PURDY !!!!
Jeeze...sounds cheap/good price..long as it's stock! Where's the pic!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #29
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyd Nix View Post
Don't worry about what you spent on the car. Work on her, get to know her, and enjoy all the smiles and thumbs up you get while driving her. At my age "Ol' Flapper" is one of my few remaining vices.
Could not have said it better. Have fun with it. If you do sell it sometime, you may or may not get the money you put into it but along the way you can have fun with it and have something to keep busy with. Seem like there is always something to do on a Model A.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
Rusty Karz

I bought a T-series MG several years ago and paid too much for it. But It always makes me smile everytime I look at it and I made a lot of new friends through club activities so in the end I came out ok. Join the Model A club, attend the workshops and tours and count yourself among those fortunate enough to be in the old car hobby. You will meet a lot of great people. It is a small price to pay for all that.
Rusty Karz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #31
cars56

Don't look back. I paid too much for mine, but the car has given me so much pleasure, since she needed work I learned alot
Previous owners wife screw drivered the entire car then backed into her, the A was a rescue case.
cars56 is offline   Reply With Quote