Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Jack Innes

Default Trade

City: Brooklin
State: Ontario
Price: Trade

I have the makings of a giant speedster that I cannot allow myself to start. It is a late 20s Seagrave Hook & Ladder truck. It has a 1013 cubic inch 6 cylinder T head engine & a faster than normally geared rear end. It is extremely complete but he engine is stuck from sitting (about 40 years). The speedometer shows around 3,000 original miles.
Look at the HAMB postings labelled "Giant speedster project" to see what can be done with a similar truck - amazing workmanship on that one. This truck is a little newer & consequently has big 4 wheel brakes which are a real bonus. The truck could be restored but if it was headed for the speedster world it could be stripped here & shortened to ease shipping - I think a normal car trailer would carry half of the truck at a time.

I would trade this truck for a fairly complete model T 1/4 ton pickup in survivor or older restored condition, running or close to it. As I said I do not have time for a project but could freshen up something that needed it. Not looking for a basket case or a big truck - my barn already has several of both!

Thank you,
Jack Innes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seagrave Ladder Rig.jpg (85.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: Trade

Yer killin' me Jack! Just curious; whats the overall footprint on that gigantisauris wrex ? ws

I could just about picture that bad lad roaring down the road at 40 mph with a foot long blue flame blasting out of that open header. Ahhh... if only I were a brazillionaire. ws
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Jack Innes

Default Re: Trade

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
As it sits it is 33 ft. long X 6 ft. 11 in. wide at the fenders. The wheelbase is 21 ft.

The transmission is midships with about a 4 ft. open drive shaft between the engine & transmission. There are 2 open drive shafts with a hanger bearing behind the transmission. All of this can be easily shortened if building a speedster.

I think you might be a little conservative on the flame size. The open exhaust would not be new to the truck, it has never had a muffler! Hearing a fire truck coming is a good thing!!