Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 AM   #1

Default roll down window

just wondering if anyone has attempted to install a roll down rear window in a 36 pickup?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #2

Default Re: roll down window

Not yet, but a friend gave me the pieces to do a 34. I'll be curious to hear the answers too. Al K.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #3

Bob,

Hi. Ford offered an optional sliding rear window on pickups in 1935, '36, and '37. May have also been available on later years too. These rear windows where of the split type in which one half would slide open from one side to the other. You'll notice that your pickup should have two window grooves in its opening to accept this option. There was no roll down type window offer on these years.

You may want to contact Lawson Cox who is pretty sharp when it comes to these year pickups. He replies to many questions on this forum. Hope this helps you out. Take care.

Keep V-8ing,

Dale

Old 03-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #4

You are correct Dale, on the sliding window, not on my knowledge of these pickups. Sounds like he wants to install a window that rolls or slides downward. Never seen one but I am sure one of the street rodders may know of some way to do that, but I really have no idea. I do have a reproduction sliding window kit for sale if he is interested.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #5

You are correct Dale, on the sliding window, not on my knowledge of these pickups. Sounds like he wants to install a window that rolls or slides downward. Never seen one but I am sure one of the street rodders may know of some way to do that, but I really have no idea. I do have a reproduction sliding window kit for sale if he is interested.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #6

Default PARDON THE DOUBLE POST. N/T

N/T