Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Afordman31

Default Snyder's does it again

Placed an order yesterday around 12:30 P.M.
Received it today at 10:15 A.M.
That 21 hours and 45 minutes to get to me.
They are in Ohio and I am on the west side of the state of Michigan.
Well recommended, you also have a good experience when you call them and ask for help on a question.
I called them because I am helping my Dad put the window channel felts in his Slant windshield. He has had the felts for sometime, had the package open and the clips were missing, probably got lost some where. I called Snyder's to see if I could order some and they said they would send me them free of charge. What a stroke of luck, maybe I should go out and buy a Lottery ticket. Afordman31
I forgot to mention Fed Ex delivered this.

Last edited by Afordman31; 10-31-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added to post
Afordman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Mikeinnj

Default Re: Snyder's does it again

Yes United Parcel Service is a great outfit. Bratton's is just as fast shipping items. Call today and recieve your stuff tomorrow most times.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Tom Wesenberg

Don'y you just hate when they send stuff before you're ready for it!

UPS is so much better and faster than the post office. An Echo leaf blower was just delivered through the post office. It was ordered and shipped on the 18th of October and sat at one post office for 8 days according to the tracking. Luckily it wasn't lost or broken, like I've had so much trouble with when using the post office.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

I am not surprised when Snyders delivers to me the next day. It has happened so often I have learned to expect it. Great people to do business with !
Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
spdway1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeinnj View Post
Yes United Parcel Service is a great outfit. Bratton's is just as fast shipping items. Call today and recieve your stuff tomorrow most times.
Snyders ships FedEx to me! 2 days to Massachusetts! Great service.
spdway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
ian Simpson

I buy stuff from within Canada, as well as Europe and the US. However, whenever possible I avoid buying from the US due to the high costs of shipping. Although I love the service and parts quality from Snyders and other US suppliers, I cannot always justify the unreal shipping costs.

Earlier this summer, I ordered about $40 worth of parts for one of my cars (not the Model A). The parts were shipped in a 8 1/2 x 11 padded envelope and the shipping cost $60!

Please get your USPS to smarten up like those in Europe and Canada Post and I will buy a lot more from you.
ian Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian Simpson View Post
I buy stuff from within Canada, as well as Europe and the US. However, whenever possible I avoid buying from the US due to the high costs of shipping. Although I love the service and parts quality from Snyders and other US suppliers, I cannot always justify the unreal shipping costs.

Earlier this summer, I ordered about $40 worth of parts for one of my cars (not the Model A). The parts were shipped in a 8 1/2 x 11 padded envelope and the shipping cost $60!

Please get your USPS to smarten up like those in Europe and Canada Post and I will buy a lot more from you.
Are you sure some of that wasn't duty. Did you ask for shipping costs when you ordered ?
Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
triumphleroy

The things that I have bought out of Canada have very high shipping costs back into the U.S.A. also. Always very shocked at the high rate?
triumphleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
James Rogers

I placed an order Tuesday and got the stuff Thursday. I told Sandy I wasn't in a hurry but it came fast anyway. I am finding out FedEx is faster than any other delivery system. I shipped a flywheel to Sweden on the customers dime and it got there in 24 hours. Never happen with UPS even stateside. The pickers at Snyders pulled my order and had it out the doo fast. I placed the order at 1 PM and it was shipped that day.

They're the best.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #10
Lona

With Snyder's consistent shipment of an order the same day it's received, you can schedule your projects better. I now order parts from them only a few days before I know I'll have time to start a project rather than ordering weeks in advance and have the parts sit around until I have time for the work. Isn't technology and the internet wonderful!

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Lona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #11
Cool Hand Lurker

But..... it also depends on where you are. To get to my small town in Southern Minnesota the packages have to go through up to six different transfer points in the USA. That takes extra days and the packages really get beat up every time they are handled. I learn very quickly who does the better packing and it is not necessarily the big guys.
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
ian Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by C26Pinelake View Post
Are you sure some of that wasn't duty. Did you ask for shipping costs when you ordered ?
Wayne
There is no duty on items purchased in the US, only GST which is paid to the carrier on delivery.

All the suppliers I deal with either phone or e-mail estimated shipping costs prior to fulfilling the order. None unfortunately list USPS as an alternative carrier. Some will ship by USPS but under protest.
ian Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #13
30FordA50

I just returned my order a little while back and their service was excellent. Very happy to place an order with them in the future.
30FordA50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #14
H. L. Chauvin

Reply # 11 is similar to what I have experienced.

I can mail two (2) packages at 5:30 p.m.; one to an address 250 miles away where they can get it the next day, & the other one to an address 9 miles away & it takes four (4) to five (5) days.

After asking our local postmistress why, she responded that the first package goes through a small town post office where everybody works efficiently ; the second package goes through a large metropolitan post office where everybody just draws a salary ...... then it has to go through several other postal routes to get across the Mississippi River.

Appears FedEx is now working with the U. S. Post Office for providing final destination of mail ..... this routing is usually less expensive but takes longer than having FedEx drop packages off at their final destination.

We are really blessed to have several sincere Model A vendors who try to place items in the mail as quickly as possible.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #15
Jeff/Illinois

The Post Office is fast becoming a dinosaur. Surprised they are still around. Big changes needed there. If Snyder's relied on the USPS that would impact customer's perception of the business, big time. And it sounds like they know it and use the most efficient shipping means out there.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Roger V

Snyder's orders get to me in less than 24 hours if ordered before 2pm. I'm convinced it's due to FedEx. When I order from Bratton's I specify FedEx and it saves a day over UPS.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
paulizor

I wish there was a way for Snyder's to get my stuff to California faster. They've used USPS and FedEx and it all seems to take a week. Yes, definitely order before 2 pm EST. I'm now into a four-figure relationship with Snyder's and just placed an order on Sunday evening specifying two-day Air. It'll probably cost my right arm for shipping. I won't know until they send me the invoice. Can't get any guestimate until it's all packed. Wish they had a better system.
paulizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #18
paulizor

Yikes. Got the invoice. It doesn't seem like much weight in the small stuff but there is the long light switch rod to deal with. $175 of parts, $113 shipping.
paulizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #19
CarlG

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulizor View Post
... specifying two-day Air. It'll probably cost my right arm for shipping...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulizor View Post
... $175 of parts, $113 shipping.
Yep!
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #20
whirnot

I buy mostly from Berts. If it is something really small they use USPS and it takes three days. If it is larger I can specify UPS ground and have it the next day.
USPS is cheaper but if I want it quick I just let them know to ship UPS.

1929 Roadster
1929 Briggs Town Sedan
1930 Closed Cab pickup
Smith Motor Compressor
1951 Ford F1

High Desert Model A's
whirnot is offline   Reply With Quote