Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-30-2023, 10:51 PM   #1
Lawson Cox

Default 60HP cooling fan

City: Covington
State: Georgia

I'm certain a lot of you are aware of the fact that I am restoring a 39 60HP engine that will go to the Early Ford museum in Auburn, IN. when I ride off into the sunset, if not sooner. I am 91 now. I am, for all practical purposes, finished with the project EXCEPT for a proper fan. I have searched everywhere I can think of for a year and a half with ZERO results.

The fan I am looking for has the same style blades as all 37-39 fans, but the hub of the fan, between the generator and fan blades is the bugaboo. That hub measures 4 1/8" in length, overall. So Far as I can tell, that fan was used exclusively on the 60HP engines, 1937-1939. Nothing else.

Does anyone have one of these fans or know anyone who might have one. I have checked with the most likely sources, Southside Obsolete, Bob Baxter and Michael Driskill of 3rd Gen Auto parts, and they do not have one nor do they know anyone who might have one. I have sent private messages to most folks who advertise 60HP parts for sale on eBay. Again, everyone says they do not have one nor can they give me any leads on one.

PLEASE, if you can help me locate a fan for this 60HP engine I certainly would appreciate it. I want this engine to be 100% authentic and complete if at all possible. Thank you ever so much.

Lawson Cox
[email protected]
404-316-6748

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote