Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #1
francisco56

Default Galaxie trim clips

Forgive me everyone but I'm new and it wouldn't let me post in the "wanted" forum
I recently got myself a 67 Galaxie 500 XL Fastback. It was missing the lower, drivers side, rear glass trim piece. I found the piece on Ebay but now do not know how it attaches? I'm scared to death to take another piece of trim off to see how it attaches for fear I will damage something. All over the internet there are sellers that say the have the clips but they are not the correct one. I was given the original Ford P/N of C7AZ6342431A by one of the guys at Green Sales. Doing a Google search for that P/N turns up almost nothing.
I'm at the end of my rope here. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

Ray
Old 12-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #2
KULTULZ

Post Re: Galaxie trim clips

I would help you but I don't have a 1965/1972 FORD MPC.

The molding, when new and factory wrapped, will contain a clip package in it to attach the molding. The clips are ALSO available separately and are listed in the EXTERIOR MLDG SECTION of the catalog with the molding illustration.

Clips are also available aftermarket through AUTO BODY SUPPLY VENDORS.

GREEN SALES seems to have given you the molding PN, not the attaching parts.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 05:27 PM   #3
francisco56

Default Re: Galaxie trim clips

Thanks Kultulz
The part number for the trim piece is C7AZ6342405A which was on the package when I received it (not original Ford package) unfortunately no clips with it. All the clips I have found online are incorrect. Here is a pic of the molding upside down from the end and where it goes around the window. All that visible is the rubber gasket and the black mastic around it. I don't even see where a clip would attach??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231230_134427.jpg (51.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 12-30-2023, 07:36 PM   #4
evintho

Cool Re: Galaxie trim clips

It's hard to tell from the pic but are there holes in the body for a bolthead to go through? If so, these type of moulding clips should work......
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
evintho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 10:26 PM   #5
KULTULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco56 View Post

All over the internet there are sellers that say the have the clips but they are not the correct one. I was given the original Ford P/N of C7AZ6342431A by one of the guys at Green Sales. Doing a Google search for that P/N turns up almost nothing.
That PN is the upper quarter glass reveal molding, not a clip. I have the 1965/1972 MPC TXT but not the ILL SECTION. The guy didn't do you any favors or he misunderstood you. Most times under the BASIC PART NO. of the molding in the TXT, it will list attaching parts. Of course no luck here.

AUVECO is a first class supplier. If we had the correct PN they have an interchange section with OEM PN to their PN -

https://www.auveco.com/advanced-search

Let me see what I can do.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
Old 12-31-2023, 12:42 PM   #6
5851a

If you have a automotive supply dealer they should have the glass Moulding clips if I'm thinking correctly. Most old time body shops could just use the special tool and pop off a piece of side trim to match it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv18nBNcK10. The clips are held to the window opening by a tack head? welded to the body panels. AUVECO is a first class supplier X2.
5851a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:51 PM   #7
Gene F

Concourse Parts used to have pictures of all the clips on the back page of their catalog with part numbers.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:33 AM   #8
KULTULZ

If you can wait for a few days, I am ordering a MPC CD as I need it for reference.

Old 01-03-2024, 12:22 PM   #9
francisco56

Thanks everyone.
I stopped yesterday to look at a 67 Fastback that I've had my eye on for a parts car. Unfortunately it too far gone but the rear window trim was off and I was able to see a little bit of the clips. They do look like the same style as for the windshield. A small square clip that clips to the "nail head" sticking out of the body. Not sure why mine are missing in that section. Possibly the glass was replaced at some point and they got broken off. Probably why the trim piece was missing when I got the car. It probably flew off.
KULTULZ I will wait till you get your MPC CD so I can make sure I'm on the right track
Thanks again
Old 01-03-2024, 01:06 PM   #10
KULTULZ

Arrow Re: Galaxie trim clips

Quote:
KULTULZ I will wait till you get your MPC CD so I can make sure I'm on the right track
It's on the way.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:47 PM   #11
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: Galaxie trim clips

Quote:

KULTULZ I will wait till you get your MPC CD so I can make sure I'm on the right track.
OK, finally got the disc - 1700HRS 08 JAN 2024.

Should have an answer by AM.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:53 PM   #12
francisco56

Awesome Thanks
Old 01-08-2024, 10:55 PM   #13
KULTULZ

Exclamation Re: Galaxie trim clips

HOUSTON!?! ...we have a problem ...

I need the FIRST FIVE CHARACTERS of the VIN and BODY CODE.

Do you know where to find them?
Old 01-13-2024, 02:30 PM   #14
francisco56

Hello

First 5 of VIN 7P58H Body code 63C

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2024, 04:21 PM   #15
KULTULZ

When you talked with GREEN SALES, did they ask for the VIN, because I am coming up with something completely different than what you have bought.

Does the MLDG you have now seem to fit?

7- 1967
P - TWIN CITIES ASSY
58 - SERIES CODE- GALAXIE 500 XL 2DR HDTP (63C) - BUCKET SEATS
H - 390-2V

29034 - MLDG - QTR PNL - OUTSIDE BELT - INCL ATTACH PARTS

C7AZ 6329035-B (LEFT SIDE)
INCL OUTSIDE W/S & EXTENSION

The retainers appear to be TRIM SCREWS

SCREW - 376378-S

Old 01-13-2024, 04:29 PM   #16
KULTULZ

Cool Re: Galaxie trim clips

!!! !!!

Don't even ask...

Must have left the reverb on again ...
Old 01-15-2024, 04:05 PM   #17
francisco56

KULTULZ

I ordered and received a 67 Shop Manual today and looking at the back window glass R&R for model 63 it shows 42413 retainer clips, 24 of them. It's obvious now that someone has had the rear glass out of my car and buggard things up. It is also obvious that either the guy at Green is dyslexic or I am because I had written down 42431. So after is all is said and done, what I have been told all along is the correct clip, same as what is used on the windshield. I will have to also get some of the screws to replace the nails that apparently have been broken off.

I appreciate all your and everyone's help in figuring this out.

Ray
Old 01-15-2024, 06:39 PM   #18
KULTULZ

Question Re: Galaxie trim clips

Quote:

I recently got myself a 67 Galaxie 500 XL Fastback. It was missing the lower, drivers side, rear glass trim piece.
O I C SAID THE BLIND MAN -

You are describing the rear windshield reveal mldgs and not the quarter glass??

See if this looks like them - https://www.npdlink.com/product/clip...molding/152027

It takes 24 retainers for the complete surround. You shouldn't need that many.

Old 01-16-2024, 01:14 PM   #19
francisco56

Yes Sir
Thems are the ones.

Sorry, I guess we got off track there. I think it was Route 66 Restoration that has a little kit with about 6 clips and the special shoulder screws that are needed to replace missing nail heads. It's pretty obvious somebody took the window out for whatever reason and butchered things up. In grabbing the trim around the window at different points there are not 24 clips remaining and there are none where the trim piece was missing. I think they just expected the mastic to hold the piece on. Over the years the mastic dried out and the trim piece was lost probably going through a car wash or something.

Thanks again for your help,

Ray