Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default vin numbers???

I have a Model T year unknown to me.I dont have any of the papers and Oregon cannot locate any of the old paper work,I found a number on the engine.Is this the vin??Can this number help identify the year??

All help welcome

From Mr Anderson

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: vin numbers???

Walter

The VIN for all Model T Ford's was the engine number. If you let us know what that number is we can come pretty close to the model year of the car is and with some further detailed questions can refine it to the correct year.

It costs a few bucks, but the Oregon DMV can search a vin in thier records and tell you about the Oregon history. If the car originally came from out of state the trail goes dead and you have to try to pick it up in the state it came to Oregon from.

Ron the Coilman

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Walter

Go to the Model T Ford Club Of America.

All of the info is on their great site.

www.mtfca.com

jim

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Hello Ron

Oregon said they only keep records until 1987 and they cannot locate the vin or plate number on the car. the engine number is

thanks from Mr Anderson

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

That number is 1924 but that does not mean much as motors were changed out all the time and still are. also look at the numbers and see if they look like maybe some garage restamped them. The best way to date a car is body style, axles and even the frame.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

Write to the Oregon DMV in Salem and inquire about a search with your VIN. You used to be able to request a search as far back as the states records go, but you have to pay a fee.

In 1988 I asked for just such a search for a 1927 Model T Tudor I bought in Southern Oregon. We traced it in Oregon back to time when it came from Northern California.

Ron the Coilman

Native Oregonian

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #7

engine number is vin and year if it wasnt changed 27 ts had a number on top frame rail under the passenger feet

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #8

engine number is vin and year if it wasnt changed 27 ts had a number on top frame rail under the passenger feet

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">