Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #81
Old Henry

Default Re: How to fix this leak in 59A?

I'm afraid Kube and his cronies may well fit into the P.S. category at the end of the beginning post on this thread: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129629 It would be nice if he and them could migrate from that category to the Mechanical Perfectionist and/or Historical Purist where they belong and be happy there and let us Drivers be as happy where we are. Nothing wrong with them doing what they enjoy most; more power to them, as long as they let others do what they enjoy most and not think they are better for some reason because they have fun in a different way than we do. It appears that it just takes some longer to grow up than others.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-25-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #82
RKS.PA

Professor, after I read your post in the first thread here, I, too, wanted to say how astute I think your analysis of our "personalities" here on the Forum is. But as I got down to this post and your response to Mike above, I also realized how valuable the "diversity" existing here is, albeit sometimes a little rough around the edges!! I can't imagine a better resource for our hobby anywhere at any price. We are a passionate group.....some of us more so than others!!! Wouldn't be the same if we all thought alike.

Dick.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #83
prpmmp

Growing up I was lucky to have a mentor that had a little saying,There is a right way to fix it,there is a wrong way to fix it,then there is the only way to fix it!! Pete
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #84
BILL WZOREK

RIGHT way / WRONG way / & the way I CAN AFFORD $$$$$$
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #85
green50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WZOREK View Post
RIGHT way / WRONG way / & the way I CAN AFFORD $$$$$$
This sums it up for me too.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #86
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKS.PA View Post
. . . how valuable the "diversity" existing here is . . . Dick.
The dirversity is, indeed, one of the most valuable assets on this forum.
The bullying is not.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #87
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
The dirversity is, indeed, one of the most valuable assets on this forum.
The bullying is not.
Henry, I have finally come to the conclusion you are simply not worth my efforts. I enjoy sharing my "hands on" experience. It is my way of passing on things I have learned from those that had the patience to teach me.
I also enjoy learning. I have learned a lot from others on the Barn and elsewhere. I tend to "listen" to all who have apparent insights and skills. Perhaps you would be wise to do so as well. It may actually save you time, effort and money.

There is much to be said for "do it once - do it correctly".

While there are those that can and there are those that teach, you unfortunately are seemingly poor at both. It is obvious you "can't" and as far as teaching... well, anyone can photocopy pages from books.

Anyone that has followed your numerous posts in the past knows exactly what I am relaying herein.

Good day...
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #88
JM 35 Sedan

Okay, lets have a reality check here. This post started in early December, '13. It is now nearing the end of January, '14, going on nearly two months now. How much longer will it take to get something like this resolved that should have or could have been resolved back in early December? It seems to me that many of this members posts for help with his problems take the exact same direction down hill.
Examples: The post on rearend problem of spline coupling and pin failure, the engine failure at ~ 20k miles, the 4 vs 3 ring piston post that was finally deleted by Ryan, the thermostat and water pump posts, etc., etc., and now this post. I have basically stopped posting on this members threads (until this post) because it seemed to me to be a waste of time. Very little gets resolved and the thread eventually becomes a bashing match. Enough said, JMO

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 01-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #89
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
. . . Very little gets resolved and the thread eventually becomes a bashing match. Enough said, JMO
I asked a simple question on December 9th. I received over 15 different suggestions by December 11th. I picked one that several had suggested that day and tried it. Seemed to work. All was quiet for 40 days until I decided that idea hadn't work so tried another. So far that one seems to have resolved the problem way back in post # 61, 27 posts ago. Simple problem, simple solution. So what's all the hub bub about?

Sorry I seem to be such a target for "bashing" and some few always seem to want to take a whack at me. That appears to be the all too frequent result of me asking a simple question. As much as I try to listen and consider all suggestions I can't do them all and there are some that seem to take offense that theirs was not the one followed. At least that's how it seems to me.

If you don't want to help then don't. Fortunately there is always plenty that do.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-25-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #90
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Henry, I have finally come to the conclusion you are simply not worth my efforts.
That's pretty funny. I am not worth any of your efforts to try to help but sure merit a lot of your efforts to bash every chance you get.

Like I said, the bullies will always be with us like a wart on our butt that we just have to live uncomfortably with.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #91
Ronnie

Internet forum keyboarding at its finest"LOL"

R
Old 01-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #92
2935ford

Isn't it nice that we all get along!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #93
37 Coupe

A lot of guys really need to get away from the computer and enabling and get out into the garage and get with the wrenches.This also goes for carb and shock rebuilders.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #94
Ryan
Administrator

It amazes me that grown men would so such a thing. Y'all need some pink lace panties... And a dunce hat.
Closed Thread