Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
BillLee/Chandler, TX

Default Last visited time...

As I have noted in other posts, I like to be able to enter the A forum and see all of the threads where there have been new posts since the last time I came to the forum.

I logged in a few days ago and check-marked the "stay logged in" (or whatever it's called), so each time I return to the forum, I am logged in automatically. And, indeed, the forum is listed in order of "thread with most recent new post" and the tag image on the listing shows new content.

All is well, ..... except.....

The time saved in the "You last visited" is not being maintianed as I would have expected, but changes as a function of my activity in the forum.

E.g.:

Last evening I made my last pass through the forum before going off to bed. I entered the forum ad 9:09pm. (I was suspicious, so I wrote the time down.) Did some browsing, made a post or two and then turned off the browser and the computer. This morning when I came back to the forum, the "You last visited" time was set at 9:32pm and any posts made between the two times did NOT show up with the proper tag image.

Yes, this doesn't sound like much, only 13 minutes, but if I happened to have an active session that lasted over a couple of hours, it would be easy to overlook several/many posts.

Other BB software accurately keeps this "last logged in" time properly, is there any way to get this system to do the same?

Thanks.

Bill Lee
BillLee/Chandler, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
BillLee/Chandler, TX

Default Re: Last visited time...

A follow-up:

The session this morning started at 7:21am. When I logged in at noon today, the "last visited" time was 7:57. Any posts between 7:21 and 7:57 will not be marked in the forum with the symbol.

Regards,

Bill Lee
BillLee/Chandler, TX is offline   Reply With Quote