Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
a-bone newby

Default body lifft

thanks for not berating me as the last post was stupid research research does the trick. now a real problem how to lift the body of the frame without a crane using jacks? does any body have a easy way to lift a two door. or any way?
a-bone newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: body lifft

Disconnect everything, lower/remove steering column, roll the front and rear windows down, get three others (or 4 so you can supervise), pad a couple of 2x4x8's, insert thru windows, lift, roll the chassis forward or backwards, have something to set the body on. Open the beer now. Should work. JMO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
aermotor

Default Re: body lifft

I lifted the body of my Tudor to be supported with 4" X 4"s to change the blocks by using my engine hoist through the pax door. I removed the seats and bolted a chain to the inner two seat support brackets and used a floor jack under the rear part of the body, worked well for the hoist I have. Lift the front 2" then the back 4" and back to the front to 4". I dropped long bolts in the front and rear mount points to keep in position while all this was going on to align when reversing - worked well with 1 person (me).

1931flamingo beat me to the submit button. I did have to remove the steering column support bracket along with some other stuff, but did not remove the frame from under the body - only replaced the mounting blocks.

Last edited by aermotor; 06-19-2015 at 07:58 PM.
aermotor is offline   Reply With Quote