Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Calkins

Default Who Has Y Block Powered T Buckets???

I am thinking about building a '50's style tradition '23 T. Apparently my father has most of the parts to build one, but probably not the parts that I want to use. I might be buying a 272/four barrel soon, and would start with that. I have a few C4 transmissions. I would really like to use a T5, but my father keeps telling me don't even try it. On a side note, my father worked for Speedy Bill Smith (Speedway Motors) for around ten years. He designed a bunch of the products that I will probably be using or buying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tatnats.jpg (70.0 KB, 22 views)
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
40 Deluxe

Default Re: Who Has Y Block Powered T Buckets???

What about the bell housing? It will have to be aftermarket unless Ford put a C4 behind a 292 in a 1964 pickup (last year for a Y block, first year for a C4).
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkins View Post
I am thinking about building a '50's style tradition '23 T. Apparently my father has most of the parts to build one, but probably not the parts that I want to use. I might be buying a 272/four barrel soon, and would start with that. I have a few C4 transmissions. I would really like to use a T5, but my father keeps telling me don't even try it. On a side note, my father worked for Speedy Bill Smith (Speedway Motors) for around ten years. He designed a bunch of the products that I will probably be using or buying.
You would probably have better luck on HAMB, https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Calkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
What about the bell housing? It will have to be aftermarket unless Ford put a C4 behind a 292 in a 1964 pickup (last year for a Y block, first year for a C4).
John Mummert and Flat-O Products both sell cast aluminum Y Block to C4 bellhousings. QuickTime sells a steel version.

John Mummert also sells a plate the bolts an OEM car three speed bellhousing to a Fox Body T5.
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote