Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-08-2023, 05:27 PM   #1
Shiloh

Default 1932 Exhaust/Intake manifold with Model A carb

I acquired a few model T parts at an estate sale and amongst them is a 32 manifold. While I’ve got my engine out and going through everything I’m wondering if y’all have any suggestions about upgrades I may want to consider to get the most out of the nearly 100 year old engine? What I have is a 1927 Touring car. My great grandfather bought it new when he was only 19 years old.
My intent is to restore… but with a little more.
What I mean by that is I want to enjoy the old gal to her fullest.
I’ve already had it running and drove it quite a bit for a little while and it was at that time I realized that in todays traffic and Arkansas’ hills I need the get up and go and for her to stop better when I say whoa!
Any tips, pointers and experiences shared will be greatly appreciated!
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
rotorwrench

Default Re: 1932 Exhaust/Intake manifold with Model A carb

The model B type manifolds are set up to fit the B carburetor with the larger bore. Adapter kits and adapter plates are available to fit both model A intake and exhaust to the later T engines. It may have to be jetted to work with less horsepower or the T engine may need mods to work with it. Larger bores in carb and manifold tend to alter low end torque performance while top end is improved but it would likely need a high compression head as well as other go fast mods to get it to perform as a person would like.

A water pump and outside rear brakes are needed when a person increases power. The T engine responds to a high compression head pretty well. A larger carb & manifold might be overkill. Ruckstell axles or Warford intermediate gear box can help with pulling up hills.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 11-09-2023 at 04:12 PM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote