Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
hemisedan

Default 37-38 Ford seat holes

Hi all, can someone help me with the measurements of the 37-38 Ford tudor front seat mounting hole dimensions. I am having Bob at Bengels seats make a seat for me and need those measurements.

Here are the measurements that he has for 40 and up, but I don't think that they are the same:

40 5/8" wide by 13 1/2" deep and those are square. Get back to me at either here, or at [email protected] Thanks.....Bill
hemisedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
40cpe

Default Re: 37-38 Ford seat holes

My '38 club coupe seat is in the car so I measured from center of bolt heads and got 36 1/4" wide and 10 1/4 front to back. I could be more precise without the seat bolted down, but I'm confident those measurements are correct.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Metal Twister

Default Re: 37-38 Ford seat holes

Ah-ha, Now know where those measurements came from. Sounds like I missed it by a tad? Here was his reply on the Hamb.

hemisedan Even though we don't have the upholstery on the springs, these almost bolted right into the original seat mount holes. The side panels worked out well, and all that I can say is these seats are a very good basis for for my project. Hopefully by Fall we'll see what these look like with leather on them. The compliments on this seat, and about the heavy duty nature of it, and that now the pleats can run all the way across the split seat back.

Just thought that I'd tell you all what my experience in mounting this in the 38, and I am happy.

Thanks for helping us out guys!