Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 AM   #1
crowie

Default Request for assistance on 1933 Ford Fordor specticiations

I'm in the start process of making a model of a 1933 Ford Fordor Deluxe Sedan in honour of my parents; it was the vehicle my dad had when they were married in 1950.

I've been searching the internet for photos from the sides, front, rear and top of the 1933 Ford that would help me scale the toy/model without a lot of success. Blueprint measurement would of also been great to find but alas not enough information to do the project justice.

In the search I came across a video posted here on Ford Barn and so registered.

My hope is that someone can either point me in the right direction or maybe even supply photos and specifications I'm chasing please.

I've added a couple of the photos I have of my mum & dad on there wedding day with the 1933 Ford.

Also I've added 2 photos of projects I've completed in the past 6 months to show you the sort of wooden toy/model I've done, Ford's of course.

Thank you one and all in advanced for any and all assistance is offered.
Cheers form the Great Southern Land,

YES, On Top Downunder is my home, crowie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aDSC04638.jpg (45.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg aDSC05647.jpg (60.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Mum&Dad-Wedding_09.jpg (30.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Mum&Dad-Wedding_13.jpg (25.6 KB, 36 views)
crowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #2
rockfla

Default Re: Request for assistance on 1933 Ford Fordor specticiations

Here you go, should help you some!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image (4).jpg (67.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by rockfla; 07-12-2019 at 06:37 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
Frank Miller

Those sidemount spares are rare.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:00 AM   #4
Mart

I wonder if there is a model kit you can purchase that you could then scale up for your wooden version??

You'd have to look. The fordor is the less desirable option (in commonly accepted viewpoints) so a model might be less likely to have been put into production.

Just a thought.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
koates

As I stated to crowie in a previous post ,his fathers car is an Australian built model which is quite different in body design to the USA built cars. He needs pics of Geelong built cars which are quite plentiful in Australian HOT ROD magazines that he can buy around the corner at his local newsagent if he cares to have a look. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
crowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
As I stated to crowie in a previous post ,his fathers car is an Australian built model which is quite different in body design to the USA built cars. He needs pics of Geelong built cars which are quite plentiful in Australian HOT ROD magazines that he can buy around the corner at his local newsagent if he cares to have a look. Regards, Kevin.

Thank you Kevin again.

I have the whole series of the Eddie Ford Publications "Restored Cars" and yes you are very correct in that the Australian built 1933 Ford and the USA 1933 Ford are different.

This was confirmed when I rang Eddie [before joining The Ford Barn] to ask about if there were any articles in the magazine.

He referred me to magazine number 185 [March/April 2008] as Restored Cars Trevor Poulsen, titled "1934 Ford Sedans Compared" Examples From Both Sides Of The Pacific.

I found my copy of the magazine to have a read and look at the beautiful photos, BUT I'm still on the hunt for straight photos from the sides, front, rear and from on top along with some dimensional drawings to scale.

If anyone might be able to assist in any manner, I'd surely appreciate it, thank you.

Cheers Peter
crowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #7
koates

crowie, although good pictures are ok, I think your best bet would be to find someone who has a 1933-34 Australian 4 door sedan so that you can actually do some measurements. Look up the Early Ford V8 club of NSW web site and you will find some pics of one car in particular which is a brown 4 door sedan with twin sidemount spare wheels and a luggage trunk on the back. I believe this car lives in Sydney , so you might be able to track it down. I have a 34 sedan, but it is the American body style. All the detail drawings I have ever seen with measurements shown are American bodies. The Aussie ones are very different. Trevor Poulsen is a good source, he is in Queensland. See how you go. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote