Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
t-head

Default The Solution to all Winter Travel: The Jeffery Quad FWD & The Winther Snow Blower

We have an interesting post up on The Old Motor filled w/neat photos and links all about the Jeffery and Nash Quad four-wheel-drive and four-wheel-steer truck.

We also have a link to a post on The Old Motor all about the Winther Snow Blower seen below.

And finally, full info and photos about the Travel Log motor home seen below, which was made out of a hand-hewn redwood log and carried most of the comforts of home. You can see it all here.

Last edited by t-head; 02-11-2013 at 08:25 AM.
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
roccaas

Default Re: The Solution to all Winter Travel: The Jeffery Quad FWD & The Winther Snow Blower

Snowblower, planned for "Road Warrior IV, Return to Thunderdome"

Old 02-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Garage Dog

Default Re: The Solution to all Winter Travel: The Jeffery Quad FWD & The Winther Snow Blower

I have not been here on the Ford Barn in a while but it is great to see you are still posting some of the most informative stuff here even though most odf it is non ford. Keep it up I always enjoy your posts*****and great photos KUDOS
Garage Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Tom Wesenberg

That snowblower sure puts my antique SESNSATION SNOW BLO to shame. It must be quite an engine to run that large a blower.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
t-head

That snowblower sure puts my antique SESNSATION SNOW BLO to shame. It must be quite an engine to run that large a blower.[/QUOTE]

Tom....It has two, one to run it in the back and a huge t-head engine that looks like a Wisconsin in the front to run the blower and auger. I would guess it is about 900-1000 c.i. And it is four-wheel-drive.

Some how we sense that it would not be OSHA aproved today.

How old is your snowblower??
Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Tom Wesenberg

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I think my Sensation is from the late 40's or early 50's. It was built in Nebraska, but I forgot which town. It works great and has a 4 HP Kohler.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Special Coupe Frank

T-head -

Thanks for this post ! I had seen pictures of the Winther sno-blower before, and was scouring the web for some earlier this winter, and couldn't find a single one !

I wonder if there's any film-footage of this beast in operation or surviving examples ?

SC Frank
Special Coupe Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
P.S.

There's lots of videos on YouTube of the railroad versions of that snowblower. Pretty scary looking in operation!
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
There's lots of videos on YouTube of the railroad versions of that snowblower. Pretty scary looking in operation!
Check this one out w/three steam locomotives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2013-02-11 at 2.57.30 PM.jpg (11.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2013-02-11 at 2.58.35 PM.jpg (15.2 KB, 14 views)