Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-16-2024, 04:34 PM   #1
TomT/Williamsburg

Default The All 32 Run

The All 32 Run

As you may or may not know, the All 32 Run did not happen last year. Danny and Bill, the run organizers, just had too much on their plate for multiple reasons. They have done a great job organizing the run for many years but it was time for them to pass the torch. My name is Tom Trovato and I have been on the run with my little blue 32 roadster or my 5-window 32 coupe. I saw Bill @ Hershey and we talked about the run and that he and Danny were looking for the next caretakers. I personally did not want to see the run end being one of the few of this nature here on the east coast. I expressed an interest in taking over the run at that time but I told Bill I would get back to him in a week or so. After speaking with who I wanted to partner up with and Danny and Bill a bit further, I decided to be the next caretaker of the run with my good friend, Pete Hartman.

I have experience in organizing rod runs, cruises, and large event planning and my buddy Pete has a long history of traveling the highways and byways of the VA-NC area, and all the planning that goes along with what the All 32 Run is all about. Since we are no spring chickens we consider ourselves caretakers at this point but we are looking for it to have a more permanent home sooner rather than later. So, until that happens, we will do what we can to keep this east coast run going.

I am known as TomT on the HAMB and on Fordbarn as TomT/ Williamsburg. I have 2 32s along with a 40 pickup I am presently finishing up . This build along with my 32 5-window build have both had long threads on the HAMB, along with several road trips that I have taken. Pete has a 40 2-door sedan, 34 Ford p-up, and a 61 Ford 2-door sedan.

So our plan is to keep it in VA and/or NC, still a 2-day event for those coming from a distance, and come up with new areas to visit and explore. However, Pete and a couple other guys who will be helping us do not own 32s – I hope you can look past this in order to keep the run alive. This will always be an All 32 Run – steel or fiberglass. But, we’d also like to invite other segments of our hobby similar to what Jalopyrama was about – customs, fat fendered fords, etc., etc., up to a certain year, for any given year of the run. At this point we are going to limit invites to 6-10 per year and Pete and I will personally make the invitations. We would also invite you to suggest someone as well. And, if this all works out, we will add a new chapter to the All 32 Run.

We are presently looking into setting up this year’s run as Bill and Danny have provided their mailing list and all of their experience since the run’s inception. We will advertise it via the mailing list, on the HAMB, on the VA HAMB, and Fordbarn.

We would like to hear your thoughts as none of this is cast in stone and none of this will happen without your participation. So, you can contact me, TomT, on the HAMB via a PM entitled All 32 Run, on Fordbarn as TomT/Williamsburg as All 32 Run, or send me an email to [email protected].

Thank you,

Tom and Pete
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:30 PM   #2
sidevalve8ba

Default Re: The All 32 Run

Tom,
I am happy to see that you and Pete are taking this obligation over as I would hate to see it "pass on". Am I clear in understanding that it will be an invitation only event?

Thanks,
Ted
sidevalve8ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:54 PM   #3
TomT/Williamsburg

Thank you for your kind words. All 32s are always welcome - Pete and I will select particular cars and owners outside of 32 as time goes on …. that’s the plan anyway ….

Tom
Old 01-19-2024, 07:25 AM   #4
phartman

Virginia and the surrounding areas are blessed with highways and byways that date to the pre-WWII era. Our emphasis is to keep our vintage autos driving on period-correct roads for as long as we can. Unfortunately, so many drivers that I encounter on the Interstates and main arteries are impatient, angry and speeding well-above posted limits.

So driving our old Fords on those roads-in most cases- is out of the question. It just isn’t safe or enjoyable anymore.

So let’s go poke around what used to be the main routes. Routes most drivers won’t even consider. Let’s slow down and see what the byways and “blue highways” might offer us.

There are a ton of great places to see off the beaten path. Let’s go find them driving Henry’s tin.
phartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:21 PM   #5
Grandadeo

Hey Tom. Great to hear you and Pete are picking up the All 32 Run torch. I'll do my best to get back up for it even though the road from Florida seems to be getting longer as the years click off.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 11:49 AM   #6
John R

Tom,

This is great news! I gonna have to hustle to get my 32 Tudor back on the road in time to participate. After a multi-decade slumber, the total rebuild is finally underway.

John
Old 01-20-2024, 01:14 PM   #7
Mart

Best of luck with it, Tom.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:44 AM   #8
TomT/Williamsburg

Thank you, gents!
Old 01-21-2024, 09:30 AM   #9
Tim Ayers

Very cool, Tom. It's great you are keeping this event alive.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 11:22 PM   #10
TomT/Williamsburg

Thanks!