Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-11-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
German guy

Default looking for Model A club

Looking for a Model A club in the Südliche Weinstrasse (Pfalz) area of Germany. Ich freue mich sehr über jeden Kontakt.
German guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:47 AM   #2
Brad in Germany

Default Re: looking for Model A club

Quote:
Originally Posted by German guy View Post
Looking for a Model A club in the Südliche Weinstrasse (Pfalz) area of Germany. Ich freue mich sehr über jeden Kontakt.
Hallo: You should reach out to the "Ford Model A – Interessengemeinschaft" (click on this link to access their webpage). They will know of a group of Model A enthusiasts in your area maybe.

Will you be going to the Veterama in Mannheim this weekend?

mit Ford Grüßen aus den USA,
Brad
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:50 AM   #3
TomInCologne

Ford Model A Interessengemeinschaft is a good first contact, Alexander F. will get you into the forum and the Whatsapp group. From there will find more model a owners local to you.

We are in the Ruhr and cologne area so a bit away from you...
TomInCologne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:17 AM   #4
German guy

TomInCologne,

Thank you for the contact. At present I am thinking Spring '24 before I trust my new toy enough to travel as far as the Ruhrgebiet. I am just doing some local 50 km trips through the Pfälzer villages and down to Wissembourg at present to learn the trick of double clutch down-shifting. I have set myself the goal of driving it to Epernay (325 km) in March '24. At this point that seems too far to drive in one day...probably an 8-9 hour drive through every tiny village in Alsace and Ardenne.

I have owned the 1930 Model A Tudor (with three doors) for only one month and spent some time sorting the engine out to get it to run smoothly...well...comparatively smoothly. Next step is to sort out the wiring for the lighting which seems to have a few 'elwedtritsche' running around making the wrong lights come on and the right ones not.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2023, 04:31 AM   #5
German guy

Brad in Germany,

Thanks for the contact. I am a newbie to the pre-war club and did not see any ads for the Veterama. Now I am faced with...'Honey...how would you like to go look at a bunch of old cars in Mannheim tomorrow instead of breakfast in France.' I hope that I can make that happen. I signed up for their newsletter so should get the info in advance in the future.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:41 PM   #6
Brad in Germany

Quote:
Brad in Germany,

Thanks for the contact. I am a newbie to the pre-war club and did not see any ads for the Veterama. Now I am faced with...'Honey...how would you like to go look at a bunch of old cars in Mannheim tomorrow instead of breakfast in France.' I hope that I can make that happen. I signed up for their newsletter so should get the info in advance in the future.

Thanks a lot for the info.

LOL......Veterama is a fun event (apologies to your wife) and one of the largest swap meets in Europe, but you will not find many Ford Model A parts there. Friday is the best day to go and this year it will rain most of Saturday so not worth going on Saturday.

If you drive further south into the Alsace area of France, there are quite a few French Model A owners there as well. Most are members of the Club de Véhicules Anciens d'Alsace-Mulhouse ( http://cvaam.e-monsite.com ). Many are also members of the "Ford A 1928-1931 & Ford B 4 Cylindres - Amateurs et Possesseurs Francais" Facebook group.

mit Ford Grüßen aux den USA,
Brad
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:40 AM   #7
Bob C

Quote:
TomInCologne,

Thank you for the contact. At present I am thinking Spring '24 before I trust my new toy enough to travel as far as the Ruhrgebiet. I am just doing some local 50 km trips through the Pfälzer villages and down to Wissembourg at present to learn the trick of double clutch down-shifting. I have set myself the goal of driving it to Epernay (325 km) in March '24. At this point that seems too far to drive in one day...probably an 8-9 hour drive through every tiny village in Alsace and Ardenne.

I have owned the 1930 Model A Tudor (with three doors) for only one month and spent some time sorting the engine out to get it to run smoothly...well...comparatively smoothly. Next step is to sort out the wiring for the lighting which seems to have a few 'elwedtritsche' running around making the wrong lights come on and the right ones not.

Cheers

Tell us more, maybe a picture.
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote