Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-04-2022, 09:27 AM   #41
JC60B

Default Re: The 60-A, B, C Fordor Sedans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
Ford of Canada had a history of differences over the early years so nothing surprises me. Canada supplied a good portion of the Commonwealth countries but what I am unsure of is if Briggs made their bodies. They made all those 60 series bodies and shipped them to all the US branch plants as well as the Rouge. Shipping them across the Detroit River is not a very long trip.
The body is put together with Robertson screws so if not built in Canada for sure assembled in Canada.
JC60B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:43 PM   #42
Todd Sgamba

I found the actual Briggs tag and the number is 190-152007. The engine and frame numbers match. They are : A1410947, which according to the MARC website is April 19, 1929. My gas tank is dated 4-17-29. I have NO idea where the A608013 came from on my pink slip. Thanks, Todd
Todd Sgamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 03:35 PM   #43
Lightman7

I realize I never posted pics. Yes the car is pink (exterior house paint over the original done by the family my grandfather sold it to) but you can see the original paint on the firewall and door jambs/dash. It is unrestored but well used over the years first as a daily commute car by my grandfather for over 20 years(!) then as a recreational vehicle and novelty by the neighbor he sold it to down the street. (I bought it back of the son of the neighbor after it sat for 30 years). It has (thankfully) always been garaged, although in PA so its have humid summers. I'm pretty sure its a B from the interior, but it is early as it still has the grip e-brake lever. The aftermarket dash ash tray is interesting (Grampy smoked all his life).

I haven't done anything to the car yet (I have three others that have my attention at the moment), and I'm going to pull the engine and open it up to make sure it looks OK. From the grime build up on the bottom of the engine I am assuming the babbits haven't been checked in forever. I have a new Classtique top for it, and will get a new interior once I have verified all the body wood (so far so good!),

Here are a few pics from both where it was stored for 30 years and at my house:

My Granfather's 60B

Last edited by Lightman7; 01-05-2024 at 05:29 PM.
Lightman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 02:17 PM   #44
ddelproop

Just an FYI to the thread.

I have a Briggs 60C 195-283
The engine is not original and no date on firewall but the firewall is smooth and well painted.

The car is a body off restoration.

A previous owner must have thought the car was built in 1928 as I have a photo copy of the 1928 license plate. I do not know if the plat is original.

The last three numbers seem to imply built before early February 29 based on collected information in this thread.
ddelproop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 04:22 PM   #45
mtnichols

I am pretty sure I have a 60-B because:
1. I found black pieces of rotted top:
2. VIN A732913 frame and engine
3. Firewall stamped 12-7-28
4. No cowl vents
5. Seal Brown/Rose Beige

Actually had multi-disc clutch

Anything else you want to know for your database?

I am looking for original interior colors.
mtnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:25 PM   #46
rotorwrench

This is an old thread. Some of the original posters don't frequent the forum much anymore, including the original poster, and at least one is no longer with us. I would suggest starting a new thread if questions need answers.
To post #45: Your car is consistent with a late 28 in your description. The single disk clutch was introduced in November of 1928 but Ford used all assemblies before installing new design items. There would have been intermixing due to the amount of assembly plants in that era.
rotorwrench is online now   Reply With Quote