Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #1
wingski

Default A big thank you

You all have been wonderful in your response and advice. I recently lost my best friend of 60 years and you are filling that void that was created by Charlie's passing. I know that I can ask a question and you guys are out there listening. Thank you ever so much.
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: A big thank you

Most of us kid a lot; however, this Model A Forum always had an abundance of readers who truly respect life and so many who always feel sorry for those who lost love ones.

It is most difficult for all of us to imagine reading about other areas where human life had little value for centuries .... and life there still has little value today.

Your post is of utmost importance in recognizing who we all are.

We are all so blessed in many parts of this World to have had ancestors who passed this down to our generation.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 08-13-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
wingski

All during my childhood, I never heard Mom and Dad tell each other how much they loved one another. I don't think they had any idea how horribly the loud arguments affected their kids. I'm sure they used the words please and thank you, but I don't remember them doing that. I made up my mind at a fairly early age not to do what my parents had done, and I love them dearly for teaching what not to do. I even told my Dad how much I loved him for teaching me what not to do after he had a heart attack. I'm afraid what I said went right over his head, I hope not. When I met my wonderful wife she laid down a law. No arguments, no raised voices. We've been married for thirty years and never argued. I agree with you that we are all fortunate to have been born in this country and to have grown up when we did, but if we've got a brain in our head and a heart in our chest we don't follow some of the examples we grew up with.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingski View Post
You all have been wonderful in your response and advice. I recently lost my best friend of 60 years and you are filling that void that was created by Charlie's passing. I know that I can ask a question and you guys are out there listening. Thank you ever so much.
I'm sure that you will help others here, as time goes on .
Empathize with your stated feelings, as last week lost older brother.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
J Wade

You are fortunate to have a wife like that. I also have a wonderful wife. It takes a special person to understand and also enjoy our hobby. But it goes both ways. I've had to enjoy her hobbies also. (Quilting)
J Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
H. L. Chauvin

Marriage and the Model A Hobby are really not at all the same if one thinks about it.

When we get tired of our Model A's ..... we just let them sit outside in the garage.

Hmmmm .....................

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 08-13-2017 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #7
BILL WILLIAMSON

When I hear a Husband & Wife say, "We NEVER had cross words together"!!-----I jist look at them FUNNIE!!
Bill Normal
Old 08-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
wingski

I agree with you. I get a lot of funny looks when I tell people that we've never argued. However, when they meet my wife they realize that she just won't put up with that crap. When she told me at the beginning of our relationship, "No raised voices and no arguments" I understood that it was either that way or no way, and she was worth me changing.
When I told her about the ungodly long trip up to Tacoma to get an A that she was probably never going to drive, she just rolled her eyes and started packing for the trip. That trip was enough to ruin most marriages with the horrible traffic, the horrible heat, and the long hours just sitting there as a passenger. I couldn't do it. I would have went nuts and turned into a raging you know what after a couple hundred miles. She just sat there with our dog and told me when and where to turn. When we got back home, it was 112 degrees and we all heaved a sigh of relief. She started unpacking without a single complaint. After everything had settled down, she started going through all the manuals and making copies of diagrams and highlighting important features about the A. Now, you can shake your head all you want about thirty years with no arguments, but if you met her you'd understand. I'm the luckiest guy in the world, and after one bad marriage to compare this one to I realize how fortunate I am and even though I'm a mouthy, loud S.O.B. I don't raise my voice or argue with this precious partner of mine. We discuss things, and I shut up and listen. She does the same. I know for sure that my Dad could never had said anything like this about my Mom, and I feel sorry for them both. When you have someone you cherish you let them know how much they mean to you every day. That way, if something bad happens you know 100% that did your very best to let them know how much you appreciate them. This holds true with everything, people, dogs, cats, and especially yourself.