Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2005, 02:28 AM   #1

Default Re: Don't Give Up!

<center></center>

Vic: Perhaps you are trying to post too large of a photo. If you are using a photo straight off of a digital camera, then it may be too big, and the photo is getting kicked out. You need to get some cheap software to re-size your photos. They need to be about 4x6 with a resolution of about 75. Because of my camera settings, my &quot;raw&quot; images are something like 22&quot; x 18&quot;!! Aren't you the one with the new website? If so, perhaps your son can show you how to do it.

Personally, I don't use any of the &quot;free&quot; sites that accept photos for posting elsewhere. I'd tell you how I do it, but it's too technical. Make sure the last part of the link you are pasting in the &quot;optional image link&quot; box ends with &quot;.jpg&quot; But keep at it, you'll get it eventually.

Also, before you paste a link in the image link box, you should be able to paste it up in your browser window above, which always starts with &quot;http://www.blahblah/picname.jpg

IF the picture does NOT appear when you do this in your browser, it WILL NOT appear on the Ford Barn site. This is known as a bad link or a broken link. Wish I could just walk you through the steps. Perhaps there's some computer guru youngin' around that can show you. Once you know how, write the steps down so you don't forget.

Patrick

Old 03-24-2005, 03:29 AM   #2

Default Re: Don't Give Up!

Patrick, thanks for the info. Yes, I have the new web site up with photos on it. I've followed the instructions provided by you and others here on fordBarn however, for what ever reason, I'm still not able to post photos...