Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
30blutudor

Default 1930 Tudor Rear Fender Question

I am sure some here can answer this question for me. I am in the process of detailing my 1930 Tudor for the 2012 MARC meet in Oshkosh. My question is does the rear fender welting on a Tudor extend all the way down to the sill molding? When I installed the fenders a few years back I stopped it about 6" short of the bottom about where the inner panel that is welded to the sedan fender starts. Now I am questioning what is actually correct. At the time I thought the gap between the fender and the body was too large for welting and I still think it looks wide, but I also think the way I installed the welting looks incorrect. Both my body and fenders are original and I do not see a way to take up the gap. I cannot provide any pics as I have already removed the fenders. If possible can someone shed some light on this and possibly provide pictures of this area on a car that is correct. Your help is greatly appreciated and I hope to see you all in Oshkosh. I will be heading up the repair tent so don't hesitate to stop and say HI. Thanks, Lorien
30blutudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
31Tudor

Default Re: 1930 Tudor Rear Fender Question

I have my fenders off my Tudor so I cannot show a picture but, the welting does not go across the running board, it starts at the bottom of the seem between the splash apron and goes up. It continues uncut through the space between the apron and body and then continues along the top of the fender all the way to the end of the fender. Yes to the sill molding.
31Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote