Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Don Martin

Smile Long time coming 31 coupe

Got a story to tell about a 31 coupe. I became friends with an elderly man some years ago. A man full of knowledge about model T and A Fords. At first I would see him at swapmeets and car shows talking to other guys his age. I would listen and soak in all in could. They would joke that my hair was'nt the right color to like model A's like I do. As time past I was invited to the house to see his car and parts. I was amazed at all he had and has. He trades alot but keeps the ones he has owned since the early 60's. On one trip to his house about ten years ago there was a 31 coupe in the front shop(working area). I asked about buying it,this was where the cars sat he planned to sell. He told me he was'nt through loving on it yet. Years,swapmeets and car show came and went. He started restoring the coupe then quit when his health got bad. He was still loving on it. The coupe got to be a joke between friends. We would be at the same meet and he would tell me about a car there, usually I had already seen it. I would tell him I was waiting on him to quit loving on the 31. After years of waiting he called last week, now I'm loving on the 31 coupe and will for along time. Will complete what he started and enjoy. Thanks for listening.
Don Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Gary WA

Default Re: Long time coming 31 coupe

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Great story!! Any photos>