Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Electrical Diagram

Need a electrical diagram for 54-55 F-100. If you could scan it and send it I'd appreciate it. I've got problems, that I can't find.

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Electrical Diagram

i dont have a scanner but i have the 54 55 ford f100 shop manual, leave your address here ( my e-mail is not working) and i will copy the page and mail it to you

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Bill,

Address D Baker

2850 Redwood RD

Seward, NE 68434

Problem..Rebuilt gen, new regulator, POSITIVE wires were connected to regulator correct. Flashed Field to Battery (Ford positive ground system) Started truck, gen light on dash still stays on. Re-read some electrical trouble shooting. Posibility, battery was discharged so low not enough output from generator to over come (30 amp Gen) As I write battery is finishing up on battery charger. It all worked before the old generator went ka-put.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Nirvana... on ford gen you touch the gen and batt treminals on the reg together to polarize the gen, to make sure the gen is working, take off belt and touch batt and gen terminals together the gen should start and run like a electric motor

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Nirvana if what i said in the other message doesnt solve the problem let me know and i will mail you the copys of electrical system

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

Bill,

I went by what the guy who rebuilt the gen told me about the Ford gen being different than a GM type, and that being polorize the Field to the Battery, also in a archived article by "Rumbleseat" on electrical 6 volt electrical tips and tricks, he too emphasized the polarizing a 2 brush Ford gen by "Disconnecting the field term wire at the reg and momentarily touching this wire to the BAT, "Never use a jumper wire to keep from disconnecting the field wire at the reg, it'll ruin it...etc etc...This is the same thing the "Old timer" who rebuilt my gen said, something about the Ford being a "B" circuit and the GM's being an "A" circuit. But I don't think that is my problem, I don't know for sure, untill I read some more.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #7

ok will get you some copys in the mail, but we always touched gen to batt on fords batt to field on chevys and dodges

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #8

Bill,

At the beginning of the Ford Barn, click on "links" Go to the Early V-8 web sites. then to the Flathead techno source 32 to 53, then in the lower right corner find "6" volt electrical tips.

Thats where I was getting my reference. But like you, I have always heard the Battery to Gen. I'm beginning to think I'll pull the bracket off of a spare 312 T Bird engine I have and go a 1 wire alt and be done with it. But all of the above still doesn't answer my problem of why the gen light won't go out., That's why I'm wondering about the wiring of the whole system.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #9

try the bat to gen you have nothing to lose and im going to copy the wiring diagram today you should have it bt wed of next week

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #10

Thanks for the help, unless you want to come my way and fix it for me!!!!!!!

Nirvana