Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
scl009

Default Newbie and What do I have?

I just went and picked this fordor up this past week. I've done some reading on how to identify the makes or who produced them I guess I should say, but there are some confusing aspects of it. Maybe it was peiced together.

view from the side. It is suppose to be a slant windsheild so I thouoght it had to be a later 31 however there is NO identation on the firewall, restamped or otherwise (I can take a picture, but thats one aspect I think I do know what I'm talking about)

On the drivers side it looks like someone welded the windsheild pillar at the angle it sits now. On the passenger side there is a crack where the pillar meets the cowl. Makes me wonder if somoeone tried to make a slant out of an earlier body, but the doors do seem to line up nicely which I would think would take some serious skill to try and do.

the hood is in way to nice of condition to be original, so I am think its probably aftermarket along with the radiator shell. If you look at the side picture the hood seems to be a couople inches short both vertically and horizontally. Is oit even a model A hood?

There is some wood in the body along the windows and in the center pillars for the doors and in the roof (not crosswise, but around the inside of the opening. I know that the slants are suppose to have a lot less wood, but could never find any descriptions on the differences in the structural peices between the earlier nonslants and the later slants.

So:
Is this truely a slant?
What other pics do you need?
Can anyone describe what wood should be there and what wood should not be there?

It does have an original looking metal floor up to about halfway of where I think the front seat would go.

thanks
Scott
scl009 is offline   Reply With Quote