Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-02-2017, 05:29 AM   #21
buzz4041

Default Re: A new find

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
None that I can speak from experience about. There used to be some good ones but they seem to have died off or retired. I was told of a place on the north west side called Miller's Automotive Machine Shop but I haven't taken anything to them yet.

PS: I found the thread where I was told that. The fellow to talk to is named Wayne.
Thanks a bunch rotorwrench.
buzz4041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 AM   #22
buzz4041

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
If you are not a member of the Early Ford V-8 Club you might want to join. The V-8 Times magazine is worth the price of admission. Lots of great flathead info and resources for parts. The roster of members will help you find other members in your area and they may have info on engine rebuilders, etc. Here's the website; www.earlyfordv8.org.
Thank you for the link I will look into it.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #23
buzz4041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
NICE truck..... it would be very hard to even think about parting with that one... you'd better re-think that plan.
It is not going anywhere
Old 08-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #24
47Sooner

Congrats on the find ! Looks to be in good condition. Cars and trucks from Western Oklahoma ( North or South) tend to be fairly rust free.
47Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #25
buzz4041

I have had a little bit of time to look it over now. I have given the carb, intake and heads a ultrasonic bath to clean them up a bit. They all look good and should come out nice after a engine vat job. The lifter valley is full of crud and the top of the pistons have some residual crud but the cylinder walls look good. I will try to vac out all the crud and give it some lubrication and hope I can get it to break free.
I verified the serial number on the frame rail but can only vaguely see the number on the transmission above the inspection plate. I tried tracing paper and pencil but just can't make it out completely to have confidence in a full match. Any other tricks to help transfer the number from the casting is appreciated that I could try. I am working during the week on my 40 pickup hotrod in my trailer while away at work and on the weekend I get a little time to play with this new one. And of course go out for a cruise in the coupe to relax and put a smile on my face.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (67.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (77.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (48.3 KB, 45 views)