Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Bucket List? Do you have one?

I made one out in the eight grade and I've added to it through life. Only two things left on it for me, a Mississippi Riverboat cruise from St Louis to New Orleans, returning by train and a Route 66 trip through Missouri, Oklahoma and New Mexico in a Model A, shipping Sarah back and myself returning by train again. Both will probably happen within the next two years after my dog has passes, heart failure is upon her. Would love to take her along on the Route 66 trip but that is very unlikely. After striking both of those off my list, the worms can have me.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
redmodelt

Default Re: Bucket List? Do you have one?

Not really. Maybe see the pyramids in Egypt and own a Model T, got the Model T and Egypt isn't going to happen so that's that.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
53RYDER

Egypt will still be there should you change your mind!

Glenn
53RYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
mhsprecher

My bucket list has many buckets full.
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
Stretch Cab

30/31 Phaeton
Stretch Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
Patrick L.

Pretty much completed it, would like to travel to the west coast again to see the changes over the years and see what I missed the first time including a paddlewheeler trip.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
redmodelt

It's the same only dryer and more people!
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #8
2manycars

I would like to return to Germany for a trip, and would like to visit Singapore, but neither will happen, as I don;t care to fly in today's world. Other than that, I am pretty well satisfied. My kids are doing well, I have had 272 Vehicles, and am somewhat healthy, so I am satisfied.
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

The one star bandit strikes again. Gee, I wonder who that can be?????

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #10
Russ/40

Yes, finishing the '29 rpu before everyone I promised a ride to, dies.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #11
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
Yes, finishing the '29 rpu before everyone I promised a ride to, dies.
ME TOO, Russel,
Asides that, I'm PO' & my BUCKET'S got the whole BOTTOM rusted out, SO, I have to buy beer in cans
Bill W.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #12
mshmodela

Drink a 6 pack of heilum beer...

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #13
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Operate a steam locomotive (Eli railroad), fly in a B17, (just need money), fly in a tri motor (hope the wind is lower if they come around next year).
Old 08-10-2015, 02:09 AM   #14
GregLast

I have a pretty simple bucket list. My A was a bucket list item. Next true bucket list item is continuing my language learning and spending some time in Ukraine and Russia.
GregLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #15
dave in australia

I've done a fair bit, and I have a lot to go. Every year I tick a few items off the list, as well as add a few more. I don't want my list to ever run out.
Some of the things I've done, rode a bike up Mont Ventoux, been driven for a fast lap around the Nurburgring by a hot female German driver, been to Paris, London, flown a plane. This is just some of the highlights.
Some things still to do. Drive a T/F dragster, an F1 racecar, a vintage GP Bugatti. Somehow get into space, drive a complete lap around Australia, walk along the Great Wall, ride a bike up Alpe d'Huez, write a successful movie script and have Quentin Tarantino direct it. Have others, some will happen and others won't, unless QT reads this and thinks why not.
dave in australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #16
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in australia View Post
I've done a fair bit, and I have a lot to go. Every year I tick a few items off the list, as well as add a few more. I don't want my list to ever run out.
Some of the things I've done, rode a bike up Mont Ventoux, been driven for a fast lap around the Nurburgring by a hot female German driver, been to Paris, London, flown a plane. This is just some of the highlights.
Some things still to do. Drive a T/F dragster, an F1 racecar, a vintage GP Bugatti. Somehow get into space, drive a complete lap around Australia, walk along the Great Wall, ride a bike up Alpe d'Huez, write a successful movie script and have Quentin Tarantino direct it. Have others, some will happen and others won't, unless QT reads this and thinks why not.
NOW THAT'S FUNNY, Dave,
I think I jist wet myself---Reminds me of 1 pass I made in a friends' Hemi Powered Vintage Slingshot Dragster---I P**D before the run, P**D during the run & P**D, AFTER the RUN ---OK, Mitch, where's your DEPENDS JOKES???
Bill W.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #17
holdover

the early years and the Marine Corps took the wander-lust out of me, other than an occasional reunion don't do much long distance travel. Forty years ago moved to VA and live in the Blue Ridge Mtns south of Roanoke, very close to the parkway. One of the most beautiful locations I have ever seen, plus LOW Taxes! My bucket list has changed from travel to toys. Many of the items have been crossed off, 40 X 60 garage with two lifts, new 4WD 55 HP tractor, classic Mustangs, Model As, with some items still to go. Retired with twice the time and half the money slows it down a bit, but things are still good and life is great.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #18
Dale G.

Holdover,

How close to Fancy Gap are you? I get there sometimes in my Model A.
Dale G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #19
SeaSlugs

Quote:
I may be young but why not start now? Never know when your time will come and cant just put it off till retirement as that day my never arrive (either health or economy in 40 years...).

Anywhoo you share some of the same thats on my bucket list: either driving or be driven around nurburgring, i would like to fly a plane, would like to travel to my family's homeland of Finland and see if any records are around in the towns were from and get to know the country, the get into space thing - would be really cool but i will settle for experiencing weightlessness. FYI they do have that training plane that is a empty 747 that climbs and dives in a parabolic wave so your really "falling" to earth but inside a plane so no wind resistance and you can tumble twist etc, they use it for astronaut training to experience weightlessness.

I have a whole page i scribled down into a notebook, some are close to attaining, some will have to wait but thats the fun of a bucketlist - always motivating to do something.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #20
Synchro909

Quote:
Dave, are we using the same bucket?? There's one or two things in yours that I didn't put in my bucket but I've already ticked off a few like the Bugatti, drive a lap around Oz (in my Model A), walked (part of) the Great Wall, flown a plane - even jumped out of one. Just as well I remembered to take the parachute!
No matter how hard I work at it, the bucket doesn't seem to be getting any emptier.