Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-13-2023, 01:15 PM   #1
afordnut

Default Scam warning

City: Mpls
State: Minn
Price: In ad

Angry Ripoff scam
We’re seeing lately on Ford barn that our familiar friendly and trusty friends have been infiltrated with liars, thieves and scammers.
1. June 12, I posted a wanted ad for Brumfield 7:1 head. Almost immediately
Ford barn member JEWOTE6486 sent me a PM “Contact [email protected] They have what you need.

2. Jun 13 emailed [email protected] Negotiated a price of $450 including shipping by FedEx. They wanted payment by Venmo or Zelle. I don’t do those direct from my bank account transactions. I sent them my address and they said to notify them as soon as I sent verified funds so they could ship the head.

3. Jun 14 I sent a “cashier check” for $450 to VIVIAN ADER 45386 MONTMORENCY DR. MACOMB MI48044. It was sent USPS PRIORITY MAIL WITH TRACKING. I emailed them at that time with tracking info. Jun Check was delivered Jun 17 at 11:43 AM.

4. Jun 20 I contacted them to see if head had shipped. They replied “They were waiting for check to clear”. Cashier checks are same as cash pay to bearer.

5. Repeated emails to them resulted with answer “tracking number will be available today. A Fordbarn PM to JEWOTE6486 AND HE ANSWERED “I BUY PARTS FROM THEM. They are legit. Wait a couple more days”. I checked on Fordbarn and I was his “2 post. Since them I have checked my PM’s and all his PM’s to me have vanished. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
afordnut is offline   Reply With Quote