Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
swingkingvintage

Default Model A help needed in upstate NY

Hi guys,

I am writing to see if I can get some help for my stepfather who lives in upstate NY. He lives in the little town of Pitcher, NY about 45 min north of Binghamton and about 30 miles east of Cortland. He has a 1931 Ford Model A pick up that he may need help working on and does not know anyone with Model A's. He has been calling me and asking questions on the phone to me but I need to see the truck in order to help him more, I live in Colorado. So what I'm looking for is anyone in this area work on A's, have a repair shop or maybe can make a house call to him. He is an older guy and never uses a computer so I told him I'll post this for him. The issue he is having looks like no spark to his plugs. Won't start it try's but wont. He replaced the head, all new O.E style dist, points, condenser, cap, rotor, dist. body, plugs, wires, carb. timing gear, water pump. He timed the engine many times and he is using Les Andrews book, I even picked him up that neat little timing wrench. If anyone can help please message me or just call and I can put the two of you in touch. Thank You guys,

-Mike 303-947-0623
swingkingvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
Gary WA

Default Re: Model A help needed in upstate NY

You can go to mafca.com website and then to chapters and the map and you can find a listing in his area. , and may be able to contact them to help out. Good luck.MAFCA - Model A Ford Club of America 2001
Old 02-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
H. L. Chauvin

Mike,

You sound like a type of son every Dad would like to have.

This Forum is loaded with guys who like to helps others.

Hopefully, someone is close by.

Every Model A can start if the correct hands are touching it.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
CT Jack

Mike, The Southern Tier Model A's is the MAFCA chapter in Binghamton, [email protected] is a contact 607-754-5279. They meet the 1st Wednesday in Endicott. I am not from the Binghamton area just did a search on the MAFC website. I hope your stepdad is successful.
CT Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
swingkingvintage

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
CT Jack, thanks for looking up the info. My stepfather called the club in Binghamton area and got in touch with a member and making a new friend. As for his Model A he got it running this weekend. I asked what did he have to do and he said nothing, just checked his work over and cranked it over. Maybe he flooded it? didn't get fuel system primed?? But anyway has fuel and spark now and running good!! THANK YOU and everyone who wrote in for the help.

-Mike
swingkingvintage is offline   Reply With Quote