Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #1
steve fritz

Default 54-57 Ford station wagon Spare Tire compartment

Trying to finish off my 55 Ranch Wagon Cargo and Spare tire well area correctly. I have the original spare tire hold down bracket , and not sure how it is to be mounted in the spare tire well compartment of my wagon. Of course , spare tire stowage in a wagon is completely different than regular passenger cars. Also , in that same area , there is a spare tire compartment cover that is hinged to another stationary cargo floor cover. The spare tire compartment is hinged so you can lift that cover up and open to get to the spare. So it appears that that cover is equipped with a chain and prop rod to allow the cover to be propped open when accessing the spare tire and jack. So my question there is what the chain and prop rod look like and how that chain and rod are to be installed on the cover.
I have looked for illustrations and/or parts diagrams of this station wagon cargo area and not able to find anything that covers it. Would anybody have that info. Someone suggested the FORD TRIM and SEALER MANUAL for 1955/56. Would anybody have that and could check to see if it is covered there?
I have a 49-59 Parts Text and Illustration Manual , but its not in there.
Any help with pictures would really be appreciated. I would think the 55 and 56 wagons , both 2 and 4 door , would be the same ?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Steve Fritz
[email protected] or text to 608-738-1861
steve fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
poolplayer1

Default Re: 54-57 Ford station wagon Spare Tire compartment

Steve,I also have the 55 ford ranch wagon but like you,I don't have a spare tire in at all.I did have it at one time but can't remember how it goes together cause its been a long time. I will try to get some info on that and if I come up with something,I will post it here.
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
steve fritz

Default Re: 54-57 Ford station wagon Spare Tire compartment

Thanks POOLPLAYER1 ! Appreciate your help.
steve fritz is offline   Reply With Quote