Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-19-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
jerryt

Default Please tell me if this sounds right

I have a 1926 model t with a ford 9 inch rear end. The wheel cylinders went bad from sitting around for years. The wheel cylinders had part number bendix 30006. I researched bendix 30006 and found it’s off a 1967 Ford F-250. But the pins that push the shoes don’t fit in the new wheel cylinder. So if I bought the supposed replacement and new push pins would this work on my drums? The replacement wheel cylinders and the ones that came are similar except for the pins to push the shoes. So if I bought a spring rebuild kit could I use the wheel cylinders from advanced auto?
Thanks
Jerry
jerryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:01 AM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Please tell me if this sounds right

When you say the pins wont fit, I can't tell what is the issue. If Advance cylinder comes with pins ( doubt it ) use them. Myself I would rebuild the cylinders and use same hardware.

Also I would Show pictures of my problem to the pros on the H.A.M.B. Most members here like to work on relatively stock T-Model Fords. The H.A.M.B. handles issues like yours every day. They have a much, much larger base and would be glad to see ( pics ) what you are working on. Just do it
Old 04-20-2022, 08:23 AM   #3
rotorwrench

Default Re: Please tell me if this sounds right

If the wheel cylinders had a casting number that is being followed to purchas parts then this could be part of the part identification problem. The basic casting may have been altered for different applications. A person may have to try and ID the rear axle from width, axle spline count, R&P ratio, and any other tags or numbers on the housing rather than numbers on the brake parts to get a more accurate idea of needed brake parts.

9-inch axles were used in a lot of different applications with different widths and axles. Later ones had the N casting identifier that indicated a nodular iron casting. Early axles didn't have this. The Bronco was one of the narrow types that folks look for to fit early Ford's but there are others as well.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote