Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-17-2024, 07:01 AM   #1
Brewsterbuff

Default Salisbury, Marland

I am looking for someone, in the Salisbury, Maryland area, to do General Maintenance on a 1941 Ford. Oil changes, Lubrication, Tire checks, Prep for winter storage, Prep for Summer driving, maybe occasional clean up. I LOVE the car, just can't do the work.

Independent garage, an old car enthusiast, back yard mechanic, or someone who just likes to work on old cars and is willing to help out a new friend! The car is a Preservation / Original, but would even consider a "Sympathetic Street Rodder". If interested or you know someone who might help, REPLY TO: Don THANKS!

Last edited by Brewsterbuff; 05-18-2024 at 07:39 AM.
Brewsterbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 07:08 AM   #2
corvette8n

Default Re: Salisbury, Marland

I found a trusted family owned garage within walking distance of my house, they do the oil changes and mandatory NYS safety inspections, the rest of the work I do myself.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 03:55 PM   #3
Westernswede

I met four older guys at the Spring Carlisle show from the Salisbury area, I didn't get their names. They had their vendor spaces right beside 40fords from Wilm, DE that just happens to be a member of the Ford Barn. If you reach out to him, he might know them and put you in touch with those guys. They had some mid 30's ford stuff for sale and I would think they or friends of theirs could help you or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck
Westernswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:23 PM   #4
Brewsterbuff

Thanks to all for your help!

Long story! I bought this Maroon '41 Woodie in 1973 and got it on the road a couple of years later. In about 1975 a friend of our son saw it and said "Someday I am going to own that car". She bought it in 2013 under the condition that we make it "Blue & Awesome". She lives in Salisbury, loves the car but knows nothing about how to service it and keep it on the road. She needs some help and I am 4 hours away. Enough info for now! Brewsterbuff (Don)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woodie003.jpg (59.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Woodie035.jpg (118.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2016.jpg (103.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2449.jpg (87.8 KB, 86 views)
Brewsterbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:58 PM   #5
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsterbuff View Post
Thanks to all for your help!

Long story! I bought this Maroon '41 Woodie in 1973 and got it on the road a couple of years later. In about 1975 a friend of our son saw it and said "Someday I am going to own that car". She bought it in 2013 under the condition that we make it "Blue & Awesome". She lives in Salisbury, loves the car but knows nothing about how to service it and keep it on the road. She needs some help and I am 4 hours away. Enough info for now! Brewsterbuff (Don)

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote