Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Milt K from Pa

Default Drake gas tank update.

Barners, After having described my dealings with Bob Drake Parts yesterday, having received a gas tank that is improperly made, here on the Barn, I received a call from Drake's today. They have decided that my complaint was valid after all, and would accept the tank back, with full credit. Perhaps things are changing there, with customer service becoming more important. I wish to thank Bob Drake for this change, and wish all here to be aware of this policy.
Way to go Drake's!!
A shipping Pick-up order for Fed-X is being sent to ship the tank back, this should end the problem.
Milt K from Pa
Milt K from Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Shadetree

Default Re: Drake gas tank update.

Milt,
All's well that ends well! I am glad you and Bob Drake have resolved this. I have ordered parts from Bob Drake with no issues. I picked up one of his tanks at Dennis Carpenter's while I was at Charlotte and it fit perfectly and still running it 5 years later.

Thanks too for sharing the happy ending with us.

Shadetree
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt K from Pa View Post
Barners, After having described my dealings with Bob Drake Parts yesterday, having received a gas tank that is improperly made, here on the Barn, I received a call from Drake's today. They have decided that my complaint was valid after all, and would accept the tank back, with full credit. Perhaps things are changing there, with customer service becoming more important. I wish to thank Bob Drake for this change, and wish all here to be aware of this policy.
Way to go Drake's!!
A shipping Pick-up order for Fed-X is being sent to ship the tank back, this should end the problem.
Milt K from Pa
From my experience the only thing that changed was Drake's boy saw your post. Some call this approach "damage control". Similar to the water pump debacle. Everyone was told "gee, you're the first guy that has had that problem". Not until the problem was widely exposed did they take care of it.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
bobH

Glad to hear some good words for Drake. I've just recently installed some Drake parts, specifically window channel material, on my 34. My comment is that the parts are absolutely EXCELLENT. Instructions were not included, but after my initial 'anxiety', the install went perfect, the parts fit perfect, and the quality appears to be excellent !! As you posted.... 'Way to go, Drake's!!'
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
barryfromvictoria

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Somebody should make a recording of "gee" your the first person to complain about this part! It amazes me how many business`have the same answer for so many different parts. I always thought I was special to be first.-- lol--- barry
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote