Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-23-2023, 05:33 PM   #1
bergie

Default Posting photos

I know this has been addressed numerous times but when I search for “ how to post pictures “ . It shows that “how to “ is too common and I get every post that has a picture attached. Will someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
bergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:53 PM   #2
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
I know this has been addressed numerous times but when I search for “ how to post pictures “ . It shows that “how to “ is too common and I get every post that has a picture attached. Will someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Hey bergie.... Some time back, I put together the Picture-Posting Tutorial that is contained in the link BELOW. Click on the link! Several folks have said that it helped them meet with success. Let us know how it goes.

Coop

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showp...&postcount=649

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 01-23-2023 at 06:09 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:34 PM   #3
bergie

0F05687F-8050-45FE-832D-F3EF91CE2C0A.jpg
Old 01-23-2023, 07:36 PM   #4
bergie

Ok. Thanks V8COOPMAN. I have printed the instructions so hopefully I don’t have to ask again.
Old 01-23-2023, 08:12 PM   #5
Flathead Fever

Why do some photos show up small and some show up large and some show as a link. I'm talking about personal photos from your own computers. I take my original large file photos and duplicate them so I'm not messing with the originals. Then I edit them and resize the photo to the maximum DPI that the Ford Barn is telling me I can post them at. They show up small like that alternator/fan mount two posts above. You click on it and gets larger but only to a medium size. People have taken my little photos from my posts and reposted them and they come up as these nice large photos. I don't understand how they are doing it. They can't increase the file size if its supposedly already at the maximum dpi. I don't understand why changing the format would make a difference. Every time somebody posts one of those nice large photos it's giving me an inferiority complex.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:22 PM   #6
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Fever View Post
Why do some photos show up small and some show up large and some show as a link. I'm talking about personal photos from your own computers. I take my original large file photos and duplicate them so I'm not messing with the originals. Then I edit them and resize the photo to the maximum DPI that the Ford Barn is telling me I can post them at. They show up small like that alternator/fan mount two posts above. You click on it and gets larger but only to a medium size. People have taken my little photos from my posts and reposted them and they come up as these nice large photos. I don't understand how they are doing it. They can't increase the file size if its supposedly already at the maximum dpi. I don't understand why changing the format would make a difference. Every time somebody posts one of those nice large photos it's giving me an inferiority complex.
Hey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. At least you can post SOMETHING. I can't post ANYTHING. (I think what I'm trying to post is not out there on the net. If I can find the time, I'll try again.)

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:11 AM   #7
highbeams

V8 "Coop" Coopman is "Theee Best"
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:16 AM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by highbeams View Post
V8 "Coop" Coopman is "Theee Best"
highbeams & bergie.... Thank YOU, guys! For those WHINERS that keep coming-up with excuses why they CAN'T do it, YOU TWO are proof that all one needs to do is quit feeling sorry for oneself, pay attention to The Coopman's half-baked instructions, and try it a few times. With regular practice, you can do it in your sleep.

Coop

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 01-24-2023, 05:57 AM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Fever View Post

Flathead Fever.... No need for an inferiority complex! It has nothing to do with changing file size, although INITIALLY, the file size is important to get the ball rolling. IF YOU DO run into an instance where your picture SEEMS to be too big of a file size, on all but three or four occasions for me, e-mailing the picture to myself seems to re-size the file to a size that works here on The 'Barn.

NOW, for your particular question, ANY TIME you attempt to post a picture FROM YOUR COMPUTER (using that paper clip icon ), your picture is going to post in that thumbnail (smaller) size.

IF YOU WANT THAT PICTURE TO POST IN LARGE SIZE,
you must first post it SOMEWHERE (ANYWHERE) on the internet, like a photo hosting service, for instance. Remember this: When you see a picture posted in the small size here on The 'Barn, and then the hoovie comes along and RE-POSTS the same picture as a LARGE, that ain't no big trick. He is able to do that because the picture is now ALREADY POSTED on the internet (on Ford Barn) in the small size. He will click on the ORIGINAL small picture one time to make it large. We've all done that. Now that the picture is large, OR FOR ANY OTHER full size picture that you want to post FROM THE INTERNET, you'll be posting that image as a "URL".
Any time you want to post a URL, you are going to begin the process by using the SQUARE, YELLOW icon in the upper border with MOUNTAINS ( ), instead of the PAPER CLIP icon. A "URL" is that "http://www.........." identifier that everything POSTED ON THE INTERNET will have showing at the very top of your screen display.

Does this help any? If you want more details, please ask again!

PLEASE let me know what you think!

Coop

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE