Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-21-2022, 09:21 AM   #41
JimNNN

Default Re: What 2bbl carb is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
I'm sorry to hear that.

I think what is going on as evidenced by the bent levers is that someone previously tried a flat rate repair and caused more damage than good.

Below is a choke cap that should-may fit your housing. It is difficult to ID hard parts without the CARB ID NO.

My thought is that you need a complete choke housing assy.

The thing is, in the previous wrong kit they sent, the spring in the choke cap had the correct type of attachment for my type of lever (similar to what you show in your picture.) I was surprised to see that the second (recessed) kit had the more conventional spring for the slotted lever. When I saw that I knew the kit wasn't going to work. From what I gather, it's the only recessed kit they make for this carb. It's a rare carb I have in my car, and they just don't have the correct kit for it.

Once I got my manual choke working with the original fast idle setup, however, I wasn't too disappointed in the kit not working. It starts much easier in cold weather than it has before, and it's almost entirely a warm weather car, anyway.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:43 AM   #42
KULTULZ

Post Re: What 2bbl carb is this?

Quote:
From what I gather, it's the only recessed kit they make for this carb. It's a rare carb I have in my car, and they just don't have the correct kit for it.
Without the ASSEMBLY ID NOS, it it will be hard to say what carb it is and if it was adulterated at some point.

Most likely it is the correct carb, but someone flat-rated the choke in it's service history. No, one does not fit all and all are not alike.

- WANNA SEE A GOOD CAR WRECK? -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oO226PgSkg

KULTULZ - HAS MOVED ON TO THE HAPPY PROVING GROUNDS
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)