Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #41
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Barnfind in Denmark

Could it be a Ford part number for that part?
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
Brian SATX

I think that is an H and not an A. My slant window has similar markings that indicate it was assembled in Dallas Texas. H is for Houston, TX. So it woudl seem that your car ws assembled Houston, TX.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #43
plind

Hi,
Fred K-OR : I do not think it's a partnr. 6000-6999 is only on the engine .. (What I know.) I myself have had the same idea, but do not think that's how it is ..
Brian SATX :
It is possible, it has been assempled in Houston. But there is most likely that it is assembled in Cobenhagen's assembly plant .. Most Model A after win No. 250000 which is sold in Scandinavia are assempled in Cobenhagen. The car has been running on the same farm from brand new, so it is not an later imported Car .. But I must write to Mr. Steve Plucker, it is possible that he has an explanation .... But thanks for the input ..

Per,

Last edited by plind; 08-18-2013 at 03:03 AM.
plind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #44
cabrioletgalaxie

If you can find a non cracked head over there I would suggest you use it as opposed to trying to weld the original. Heads in the USA are very easy to find.
Last spring I purchased a s/w town sedan barn find that had been sitting since 1954 in a MN. It runs and drives but is complete except for shocks arms and links.
If I knew how to post a photo I would.
Good luck with your car. I agree, make it safe and drive it!
cabrioletgalaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #45
Terry, NJ

I don't believe it is a Town Sedan. It doesn't seem to have cowl lights. Where is the interior light? (T.S. is at the rear of the car and is oval)
Terry, NJ
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #46
plind

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
I don't believe it is a Town Sedan. It doesn't seem to have cowl lights. Where is the interior light? (T.S. is at the rear of the car and is oval)
Terry, NJ
Terry,
It is Town Sedan, if you take a look on some of the last pictures in my webalbum, there you can se the hole for the cowl lights, and the wire is inside the car, the interior light is op over the rear vindow, you can se one of the pictures has the contact between the doors.. Some peoble has stolen the orig. cowl and the headlamps, and i did not find a cowl light yet.....And if you will se more, can you store the link below.. I make an update when i have ended some work on the car...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055492...CPilr5X17v2zJw#

Per,
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #47
plind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioletgalaxie View Post
If you can find a non cracked head over there I would suggest you use it as opposed to trying to weld the original. Heads in the USA are very easy to find.
Last spring I purchased a s/w town sedan barn find that had been sitting since 1954 in a MN. It runs and drives but is complete except for shocks arms and links.
If I knew how to post a photo I would.
Good luck with your car. I agree, make it safe and drive it!

Thanks for the advise, but i have found a fine top, actully i find 2 heads..
Price for both is . ca 95$... That is a very fne price..

Per,
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #48
Terry, NJ

Aha! You're correct! It's a Briggs Body, the same as mine. I see the interior light is in the rear also. It's a very nice car! Very straight sheetmetal. If you're interested, The cowl lights are available here (New parts) along with a High Compression head. I would try Bratton's first. High Comp. Head USD $275, cowl lights 30-31 $147 a pair. Brattons is on the east coast (Best shipping costs) and very good to deal with. Their number is (US Country Code) 800 255 1929. Or 1606 Back Acre Circle, Mt Airy, Maryland, USA 21771 Good Luck!
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by plind View Post
Terry,
It is Town Sedan, if you take a look on some of the last pictures in my webalbum, there you can se the hole for the cowl lights, and the wire is inside the car, the interior light is op over the rear vindow, you can se one of the pictures has the contact between the doors.. Some peoble has stolen the orig. cowl and the headlamps, and i did not find a cowl light yet.....And if you will se more, can you store the link below.. I make an update when i have ended some work on the car...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055492...CPilr5X17v2zJw#

Per,

Last edited by Terry, NJ; 05-31-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #49
1930artdeco

Thanks for taking pics of the doors taken apart. Now I know what mine look like without the door panels on! Keep her original just preserve her as is because she is a time capsule.

Mike
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #50
plind

Hi,
Today i have a talk with the local painter.. And he do not have any kind of idea, how he can get RAL or code for a Brewster green..(Motor Hood is bad).. Can someone help me, and maybe give me a link to a paintshop... I think it would be easy to find the old type paint i the USA. In Denmark i do not know where to to the old type...So i hope you can help, Please...!!
Per,
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #51
Tudortomnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by plind View Post
Did anybody knowing what the A 6272 nr means..??? This i in driverside in front of seat on Town Sedan 1931...
Would not the body of this car have been built at Dagenham, England?They were supplying the European market & the English Briggs sedans were sent to Denmark in 1932. The suggestion of body originating at Texas is interesting to say the least, but Detroit maybe. The Briggs & Murray sedans beg some research. The ones originating in Canada that were sent to NZ also have unique body stamps. They were also built at Geelong, victoria Australia 1930- '32.
Tudortomnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #52
plind

Here is pitures taken of the orig. 4 keys there was follow the car from new.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #53
plind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudortomnz View Post
Would not the body of this car have been built at Dagenham, England? Maybe, i did not know how the do it at that time.. But the small lamp on the fenders i think was on the most Model A assampled in Englang..???They were supplying the European market & the English Briggs sedans were sent to Denmark in 1932. The suggestion of body originating at Texas is interesting to say the least, but Detroit maybe. I do not belive is was assampled i USA, and there after send to Europe in 1931, i know the first in 1928 was... The Briggs & Murray sedans beg some research. The ones originating in Canada that were sent to NZ also have unique body stamps. They were also built at Geelong, victoria Australia 1930- '32.
Best regards
Per,
Old 06-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #54
plind

Did anyone know these small lamps on fenders..?? Is this an English features.???

Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #55
Huckster Dave

Looks to me like you have some very rare (at least over here) aftermarket marker lights and not very common turn signals up by the windshield.
Huckster Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #56
Tudortomnz

Per, those fender lamps on your car do not appear to be the type used on all English Model A's. They were also mounted on cars sold in some areas of Argentina. All of these fender lamps are the same as were sold as accessories in the US & I believe were all made there.They are shaped like a smaller cowl lamp.The ones on your car look like they are from a later era.Your car is very interesting & a lucky find. I found one very similar near where I live here[53K mls]& in same condition but the owner wants a high price for it considering it does not run..
I would suggest you contact a local Model A club to find out about history of early Fords in your country.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #57
plind

Quote:
Per, those fender lamps on your car do not appear to be the type used on all English Model A's. They were also mounted on cars sold in some areas of Argentina. All of these fender lamps are the same as were sold as accessories in the US & I believe were all made there.They are shaped like a smaller cowl lamp.The ones on your car look like they are from a later era.Your car is very interesting & a lucky find. I found one very similar near where I live here[53K mls]& in same condition but the owner wants a high price for it considering it does not run..
I would suggest you contact a local Model A club to find out about history of early Fords in your country.
Hi Tudortomnz,
I have talk with the local Club.. (Dansk Ford A klub.) They did not have any kind of material, there can tell me anything about this thing from Model A years.. All of Ford Denmarks arcive is gone, and nobody knows where is is.. Bad luck.. But i know the small lamps was on the car from new, this is a oneowner, and the son from the farm has told me the it just is the side blink ...
The price i gave for the car here is around 5000$...

Per,
Old 06-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #58
Tudortomnz

I have just remembered seeing a photo of one of the first new Model A's in England posted by 'Brad in Germany'' who has the best European photo archives of Model A's.
This photo showed fender lamps like yours, small bullet shaped, so they may well have been available,& as you say, your car is one owner.
$US 5K is good;the one i found, he wants well over double that. You could try contacting Model A Club in UK for info?
Old 06-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #59
plind

Quote:
I have just remembered seeing a photo of one of the first new Model A's in England posted by 'Brad in Germany'' who has the best European photo archives of Model A's.
This photo showed fender lamps like yours, small bullet shaped, so they may well have been available,& as you say, your car is one owner.
$US 5K is good;the one i found, he wants well over double that. You could try contacting Model A Club in UK for info?
Hi,
I have seen an early photo to, but i did not remember where.. Some peoble do not all know the value of the old cars, and other think there is a lot of pure gold in the car, and ask for a lot more than the car acctully is worth...
I will try to contact the Model A club in England, !! Thanks for the advise..

Per,
Old 06-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #60
juke joint johnny

Plind
Here is the website for the English Model A Club www.mafcgb.co.uk

Can you post aclose up photo of the fendewr lights ?

I could tell if they are the same as the English ones if I could see them.

JohnCochran
juke joint johnny is offline   Reply With Quote