Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #41
steve-cook

Default Re: V8 Flathead Ford Tattoos

I have none I am too cheep

Last edited by steve-cook; 12-03-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wanted too
steve-cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #42
Bondolero

Gavin

I am an old coot and that tat of the 34 is amazing. If I had someone as talented as that, heck I would get one if I could take the pain. If you like em, wear em, thats what america is about.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #43
hotrodfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
gavin

i am an old coot and that tat of the 34 is amazing. If i had someone as talented as that, heck i would get one if i could take the pain. If you like em, wear em, thats what america is about.
right on!
hotrodfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #44
jim1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
My horse has one under his lip.
Your horse has a Flathead tattoo under his lip??

They have certainly gone upscale. One of the more upscale malls in our area has a tattoo parlor in the mall now.
jim1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #45
JonC

I'm 59 next month and I do not have ant tatoos, but I have noticed a lot of them on younger people. If they want them so be it, I remember when it was shocking to have long hair, now I just wish I had some People see it as art and I do too. I don't think I was ever commited enough to get one after all it's a sign that will be with you forever. I certainly think it is wrong to judge someone because they have one.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #46
Junknshit
Banned

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Judge by tatoos. Don't! I'll make this as short as I can.
I met a guy thru cars, and we became closer than brothers over the years. Yeah he had tatoos, mostly home done ones from time in prison. He had been a genuine biker, not a wannabe, but hard core biker. Bad bike accident, saved old lady by throwing her off bike and went off mountain with bike. No more riding because of injuries, not by choice. Got into cars, and became quite a Ford guru. Knew amazing amounts about bangers, flat motors and overheads and related cars. Collected bunchs of parts for all, but mostly flathead stuff. If he had a part that he didn't need right now, he would trade, or give it to you and say you owe me something later, and I have even seen him give things to people. He built many cars for himself, his old lady (eventually became his wife) and others, mostly by trade for parts. If a local small town police department needed a DARE car, he would find cars for them to check out and buy, then he did all the mechanical, body, paint, and installed whatever lites etc they provided. No charge for labor or any parts he had. If there was a benefit for an injured person, or for kids, he was the first one there, and donated a lot of stuff to be auctioned off as well as his time to do anything that was asked. I could go on, but you get the picture.
What would have happened if I had been one to judge him by tatoos? I say "had" a friend and "became closer than brothers" rather than "are closer than brothers" because he passed away a couple of years ago, but I still think of him as often as I do anyone in my blood family that has passed away.
I do judge people, but by their actions, not their tatoos or anything else about their appearance. That's my phylosophy on things.
Junknshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #47
chriscris

You would swear that center cap is chrome!!!!! AMAZING

chriscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #48
robert dick

seems like i see more women these days with tats , than guys.
robert dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #49
thirt4

I think tattoos are both good and bad. The bad is that they are going to fade and look crummy by the time we reach the age we are now. They are nice looking when new but the newness will wear off.
The good is that in my over 20 years in law enforcement, I sure was able to identify both bad guys and deceased individuals by them. The best ID was a guy I came across who had his Social Security number on his inner arm from his wrist to his bicep.
I guess it is each to his own how we spend our money. We can spend it the way we want and hopefully are happy with what we bought. I personally do not have any tatoos and never will but for those who do, it is their right of choice.
IT IS GREAT TO BE AN AMERICAN!
I had a buddy that told me once to never trust a tatooed woman. I doubted him and hooked up with one. He was right. That little adventure cost me a lot of money and emotional grief. That is another story...
thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #50
G.M.

Jim, Horses are tattooed under the lip for identification at the track just before the race. Redneck must have a string of race horses. G.M.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #51
cwh

It's not a flathead tattoo but the tools repaired many a Ford car and truck powered by a flathead. They were my Grandpa's tools and when he retired he sent them all to me. He passed earlier this year and it seemed like a fitting way to remember him.

cwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #52
Frank Miller

My mother used to say if you have a tattoo then you are a marked man. I have seen people get tattoos for trivial or deep personal reasons. I have none by choice but have a friend that is a noted tattoo artist. To each his own. Sometime I tell people I have no tattoos because I am not into committments. Not to mention the dynamic canvas may soon turn that cute fish into a whale.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #53
sturgis 39

I have never seen a tattoo that looks better than plain skin. I often ask a tattooed person if they did it themselves. The convenience store workers that make a little above minimum wage seem to like them and I do not know where the money comes from because tattoos are expensive.

I know a person that 70% of his body is covered with ink. He is now dying because of multiple health reasons and the doctors say it is the caused because of the ink.

I can remember a lot of friends and relatives and there thoughts without a tattoo

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #54
Popeye31

Here is mine got it when I was 18 im 36 now and still want more im planning a sleeve or a leg piece with a collage of era stuff. like the second pic if it will post. As far as the tattoo bashers go I don't need there approval .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0542.jpg (42.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0544.jpg (29.7 KB, 51 views)
Popeye31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #55
hombres ruin

I have ink and will continue to do so regardless of what people think.and you can't judge based on the ink one has. People have with me, I have never been arrested, I don't drink or smoke and I am a medical professional in a major trauma center.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #56
my4dv8

Absolutely awesome ink on some of you guys, love it. this is a thread about show us your ink. Dont be so narrow minded and judge others by their ink. If you feel you need to criticse dont read this thread. I have none but several buddies do ,wish they would share it.
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #57
41panelmark

Nice ink Gavin, great artist on that one.
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #58
gavin m

Thought a few might like to see the finished piece.

gavin m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #59
barryfromvictoria

right on-- don`t l pay attention to these negative thinking grumps. they`re just jealous. they are unasked for negative opinions. tattoos are art and the ones posted here are all beautiful. whoever said harley owners have low self esteem should get with the real world. at least they are more patriotic than owners of rice rockets but i guess you think you have lots of self esteem if you buy offshore. no wonder america is in such a depression with attitudes like this. --- barry
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #60
FL&WVMIKE

gavin m. ..............................
Your "ink slinger" is a real artist ! You are not able to erase your mistakes when tattooing. You have to get it right the first time ! Someone else mentioned how real that hubcap looked.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote