Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
seawolf1989

Exclamation 1926 model t build 2 dr tutor! i need guidance!

Well after a week of research the forum and my friends agree this is a 26/27 model t. that being said i have one heck of a project on my hands. all i basically have is part of the body.i need the doors,dash,radiator cover andthen a engine and tranny. Im also looking for frame plans so i can build my own since the frame it is sitting on is farmbuilt but where what kind of rear end do i use? posi rear outta a bronco? and i literally know nothing about suspension or even how to make this car into a car again could i buy a bronco frame with both axles and then set the body on that? would it be possible. im just bouncing ideas out in the open. im hoping someone from here has done this build before and i would love to gain some insight. im ambitious but i know i bit off more than i could chew alone.
seawolf1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Willie in Houston

Default Re: 1926 model t build 2 dr tutor! i need guidance!

A body is a good start, I find that engines and frames are easier to find.
If you decide to go original, swap meets might be a good place to start or advertisements on this website, MTFCA and MTFCI would be a good source.
Hemmings motor news is still a good magazine to find cars or parts of cars.
"Model T Haven" has a website and shows some of their cars and parts with prices which might give you some direction to go????
Willie in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf1989 View Post
Well after a week of research the forum and my friends agree this is a 26/27 model t. that being said i have one heck of a project on my hands. all i basically have is part of the body.i need the doors,dash,radiator cover andthen a engine and tranny. Im also looking for frame plans so i can build my own since the frame it is sitting on is farmbuilt but where what kind of rear end do i use? posi rear outta a bronco? and i literally know nothing about suspension or even how to make this car into a car again could i buy a bronco frame with both axles and then set the body on that? would it be possible. im just bouncing ideas out in the open. im hoping someone from here has done this build before and i would love to gain some insight. im ambitious but i know i bit off more than i could chew alone.

While there are alot of knowledgable people here, if your plans are for a non stock car, might i suggest that you visit HAMB the older sister to this site;

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum
This forum is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums worldwide
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
sgtlethargic

What direction are you planning for the T? Hot rod, original, anything that runs?

Thanks,
Kurt
sgtlethargic is offline   Reply With Quote