Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
39fordbuddy

Default 1939 ford doort handels

City: carrollton
State: texas

need locking door handels for 39 ford truck anybody knows where to get them
39fordbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
39wdy

Default Re: 1939 ford doort handels

Hi, I don't think there is any such handle for a 39 pickup. I believe the passenger side door has a separate key and lock cylinder just above the door handle like in my 39 half ton. The lock cylinder aligns with the latch mechanism and when the door handles on the interior are pushed down (or is it up, I never lock the doors in my truck) they are locked. the only door that can be locked or unlocked from the outside is the passenger side door. However, you might be able to modify the drivers door mechanism to accept the lock cylinder shaft and drill through your door to locate the lock correctly, that way you could open either door with a key or fill in the hole on the passenger side and just use the drivers side. I buried my extra 39 truck door latches or I'd look at them to see if the drivers door has the accommodation for the key lock and cylinder. Perhaps someone on here has one that they can exam for you to see if this is a realistic option. Phil on this site can make you keys if you can come up with the locks. I might even have an extra 39 truck door lock. Let me know if I can help. Best wishes, Toby
39wdy is offline   Reply With Quote