Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
40Ford!!

Default Garage find story update

A few weeks ago I picked up a nice old 35 Tudor that had been parked for about 5 years. It started when a friend for mine, who's son and mine play HS basebal together, started talking "cars" at a game. He mentioned he knew an older woman who's husband passed away 5 years earlier, and was a Ford man. He mentioned she had a few Fords she may be ready to part with. I took her number and tucked it under my car visor for a week. I decided, what the hell, give her a call and see what she has. So I called her and dropped by on my way home one night. She opened the garage and there it was. A little dusty and low tire pressure, but not a bad looking car. I returned a week later with a friend who is more knowledgable than I am when it comes to old cars and he gave it the "ok" to buy. I trailered it home and began the revival. I changed the engine oil, rear axle oil, filled the radiator, changed the plugs, fuel pump, rebuilt the carb and drained the fuel tank. The gas as you can expect was nasty! In fact when I opened the drain plug NOTHING came out. I poked with a screwdriver and out it came. Three fuel filters later and the gas is much cleaner. She starts up first crank and runs nice. The wife actually likes to ride in it! I am planning on replacing the fuel tank and sending unit so I can run a 36 electric gauge. Thanks for all the help with my seemingly basic questions. I will have the 35 in Ocean City (MD) on May 17th for the Cruise In. If you see it waive me down and say hi.
40Ford!! is offline   Reply With Quote