Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2024, 02:08 AM   #1
stude333

Default Water in oil after sat 2 years

Hey guys, my 34 pickup w/37 motor sat for 2 years. yesterday I looked in the radiator ( water only) but it was empty. checked oil...and it is 2" high with some white foam. so now I am looking to diagnose and how to proceed. I checked my compression readings old docment and see all cylinders were 110 psi except 3/4 were 100 and 105. also I am thinking if one side is not leaking it should still be holding water in the top hose.
I have not checked if it is stuck yet. but assume if water is running down one cylinder for 2 years it would be stuck. So I am looking for any reccomendations on what to do next. should I do any tests with more water to see where it is leaking? when it last ran I was having carb/ign issues but there seemed to be a lot of white smoke. what would the plug on a leaking cylinder look like( burn any different. I cold get a cheap borescope and put water in radiator for research.?
In my dream world I could get it unstuck and just redo the one head gasket. once the head is off it is pretty hard to do any kind of deeper tests. my mind goes to a cracked block of course. this is where diagnostics now might help.
So Then what is the best approach to get unstuck. I am thinking what to put in the cylinder to dissolve the rust. then work the crank from the front nut. I am thinking just redo the one side. I cant afford a total rebuild. please advise your thoughts
stude333 is offline   Reply With Quote