Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2023, 03:52 PM   #1
54FordYBlockGuy

Default 54 Ford Interior Considerations

OK; I put several posts online and truly appreciate the replies, and guidance.

Here's where I am now.

Picked up the "Old Restoration" 54 Customliner and she truly needs a good going over, refreshing....been sitting in a barn for some time.

The interior at one time was redone but sitting and age have done their job;

Carpeting: stained,
Seats (cloth) stained.

Now I'm not going to show this car or look for any trophies; I'd just like to make it a little more "presentable"; ok that's just a nice way to say I'm "cheap". But just want her a "driver".

I pulled the carpeting today, and took out the seat; the floor is solid. Here's what I'm thinking:

Floor: Clean, skuff up, and put a good coat of "Paint Over Rust" paint on it (POR), I live about 3 miles from TIPS; so can just pick it up - OR - paint the floor with a good "Rubber Coating" paint I have. I"ve done either or both on several cars - What ya think?

Carpetting: I know I can get a "Carpet Kit" for the 54 online for about $2-300 bucks, but (cheap) I'm thinking of simply getting a nice piece of the basement, or indoor-outdoor carpeting from Home Depo, cut and glew - What ya think?

Door Panels: They are solid but the cloth portion is badly stained. Paint (dye) the cloth portion, or pull and re-do. The pulling isn't a problem but that small, thin chrome piece on the panel, I'm afraid I'll bend it attempting to remove - What ya think?

OK, enough "What-ya-think".

Look forward to some replies, suggestions, and what others have done.

JPL/OH
54FordYBlockGuy is offline   Reply With Quote