Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2022, 06:46 AM   #1
30ccpickup

Default V8 Rouge Class Judging

I have been a member of the Early Ford V8 for a year and I am now finally worthy of the honor. I Just purchased a 1938 Ford Standard Coupe (82A-770A V8-60hp). It appears to my untrained eye to be an unmolested original. I always felt that anything I do to a car is just a footprint on its history. With this car… I would like to keep my footprint small. From the Early V8 club's website, I downloaded information for Judging in the Rouge Division. Looks to be a good objective to base a plan behind. In addition, for reverence, I purchased "The 1938-39 Ford Book for Passenger Cars" restoration guidelines:

I plan to start with a thorough cleaning of the undercarriage and then proceed to the brakes.

What I am looking for is advice from the members of the judging committee and/or participants of the "Rouge Class''.
  1. My first question is how do you handle the surface rust while preserving the patches of original paint under the fenders and inside the trunk?
  2. What do most people do wrong in this area?

Fordbarners, Feel free to use the pictures on my site to answer questions and create tutorials/tech articles.
30ccpickup is offline   Reply With Quote