Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #1
Digger

Default Adjusting air/fuel screws on brand New England Stromberg 97

My roadster was running a little rough and sputtering, so I treated myself to a brand new England made Stromberg 97. I put it on the car and like Koates says below it does work great right out of the box. However two things I noticed, the first is upon idle in the driveway it does have a little bit of fender shake, body shake, and when driving feels like I could be getting more smooth power out of it. Therefore when I go to adjust the air/fuel screws, what is the best procedure? Concerned about getting it so whacked that I won’t remember how to get it back to at least where it is now. Any advice appreciated

Koates post:
The Stromberg 97 reproduction carb is made in England by Stromberg. It is an excellent piece of equipment and likely better than the original 97s. I have used three of these on 34 and 35 Fords and they work perfectly right out of the box. Parts are all interchangeable with the original 97s and spare parts are all available including various jet sizes. One draw back is they are not cheap at close to $500. All the other 94s and 97s are made in China or the parts are made in China and many reports of problems with many of these but they are cheaper. Pay the money and get the quality product. Regards. Kevin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B4DAB7FC-58F7-4C89-8C11-ED7F5C4981EE.jpg (81.9 KB, 23 views)
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote