Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2022, 07:41 PM   #23
Tom Endy

Default Re: New design turn signals for Model A?

Turn signals on a Model A are a must. Few people on the road today understand what a hand signal is. I installed turn signals in my Victoria years ago (six volts), and later installed LED tail and brake lights for better visibility. The third brake light and turn signal in the back window is also a plus and recommended.

The turn signal kit I used was obtained from Bratton's, and I think it was the best on the market. However, Walt discontinued them. I was fortunate to purchase one of the last he had in stock (12-volts) for my grandson's 1930 Tudor.

Bratton's turn signal has a little lever that protrudes out of sight below the dash rail on the left side. It also has a buzzer that signals that the turn signals are in operation. I added to it by installing a red and green mini-light just below the dash rail in the center. They are wired to the brake lights. When turning left, the red-light blinks, when turning right the green-light blinks.

The problem I am having today is that at my advanced age I don't hear the buzzer, and if I do, I don't become aware of it, and I roll along with the turn signals on.

The modern Model A kingdom turn signals should have a practical signal cancelling application when the turn is completed.

See attached document.

Tom Endy

http://www.santaanitaas.org/wp-conte...rn-Signals.pdf
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote